Tales & Legends

Tales & Legends

There is no greater debate than the creation story, so here is my image for Illustration Friday for this week, entitled the “Substance-Maker”, a creation story. I actually created this image January 16, 2008, but I thought it fit for this week. I am fascinated by bears lately!

This is a tale of a female entity out of the cosmos, who was an artist in her own right and decided to create a world, of substance, of matter, she formed the animals and the world, but humankind has yet to be invented…

Okay,for the writers out there this is a trigger for a story…!

1. Nice one Indigene! I love the expression on the woman's face.

Comment by Nancy Bea Miller — January 27, 2008 @ 12:23 pm

2. Oh I wish I was a great writer. This would be such a great inspiration. Beautiful work Indigene!

Comment by imwithsully — January 27, 2008 @ 4:08 pm

3. What an interesting site. And this is a great illo as well. Thanks for your kind words.

Comment by Cheryl — January 27, 2008 @ 5:11 pm

4. The bear is wonderful. And so are the colours and composition

Comment by COBOL — January 27, 2008 @ 6:33 pm

5. great story and illo!!!!

Comment by claudine hellmuth — January 27, 2008 @ 6:53 pm

6. a very nice illo, i like the bear especially..thanks for the comment too!

Comment by michael — January 28, 2008 @ 12:32 am

7. Very nice touch! I wish I had time to do Illustration Friday, seems like so much fun.

Comment by Don Tate II — January 28, 2008 @ 5:26 pm

8. Hi Indigene – I really like the monumental nature of the main figure.

Comment by Tanaudel — January 31, 2008 @ 12:56 pm

9. I love that you have a story behind this illustration. I especially liked being greeted by the bear on your banner as well as your tales and legends bear.:)

Comment by Crystal — January 31, 2008 @ 5:01 pm

10. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Finally had a chance to come see yours, I love the textures in your work and especially like this mythological piece.

Comment by joannabarnum — February 3, 2008 @ 6:13 pm

11. Powerful image. I can feel the weight of her beliefs watching over this woman.

Comment by Kalirati — February 3, 2008 @ 7:38 pm