Blanket (aka "Blankie")

Aren’t blankies the best?!

I was sitting in a restaurant a couple of years ago and I saw this woman with a giant blanket tied around her, the whole time she was waiting for her take-out order, this little head kept popping out of the blanket! It was a must sketch!

My favorite blanket of all times was the little ragged blanket my teenage daughter use to carry around for the first (5) years of her life, that I’m sad to say dwindled away to nothing! She, of course, would never let me post it on the web! Geez! teenagers!

1. Thanks for the comment girl!I just loove! your art.( Shall we link each other? :)Hugs.Mike

Comment by Mike — February 4, 2008 @ 5:22 am

2. Thank you for your comment on my piece. Yours is exactly where I want to be today –cuddled up, but truth be told, I'm in love with the HAT!!! (I love hats!) My blanket of all time is a quilt my grandmother made for me when I was 8 and had my tonsils out. It's in tatters now but it's still on my bed, all 38 years later! I'll be back after work to check your blog more. I've liked all your ILLO stuff so far.

Comment by Toni — February 4, 2008 @ 5:38 am

3. that must be some scene—nice drawing..!

Comment by enigma — February 4, 2008 @ 6:45 am

4. I love inspiration from slices of life! Serendipity! Thanks for the visit and nice comments :)

Comment by studio lolo — February 4, 2008 @ 8:19 am

5. Blankies have such memories attached..I bet this woman will cherish this blanket too – cute little face peeping out!

Comment by Cathy Gatland — February 4, 2008 @ 9:24 pm

6. Sweet! Your story is delightful and I love how it inspired you:>

Comment by carla — February 5, 2008 @ 12:59 am

7. Ha! My 3 yr.old recently declared a blankie and I don't know if I can handle her lugging it around for another couple of years…perhaps I'll cut it down in size.Cute illustration!

Comment by Crystal — February 6, 2008 @ 10:49 pm

8. Very sweet! I like the bright colors and the patterns. My boys are 8 and 14 and they are still attached to certain blankets. The blankets are falling apart, but they won't let me toss them.

Comment by Laurel Neustadter — February 7, 2008 @ 1:42 pm

9. Nice colors and very sweet little story to go along with it!

Comment by Miz K — February 7, 2008 @ 9:52 pm