Punchline – IF

What’s funny to me is that fact that I don’t get the punchline of most jokes. I’m that person that has a puzzled look on her face after a joke has been told. It has to be explain to me and of course, that annoys the jokester!

I think it’s because when I was younger I was really shy and sensitive. I found that most jokes are at the expense of others and that was offensive to me and I would become extremely upset. I have grown some, but I usually still don’t get jokes.

Anyhow, my loving husband told my daughter this joke when she was (10) years old, much to my dismay. She still thinks it’s funny at (13) and loves to tell it to new friends. So here goes…

Two hobos are traveling together and are starving; traveling further, they find a dead animal, covered in maggots and slime. One hobo says to the other, “I’m eating this”, and the other hobo says, “You go ahead.”

A little while later after his meal the hobo throws up and his hobo pal says, “Now, that’s what I’ve been waiting for…a hot meal!

That’s the punchline I leave you with for this Friday! Ugh!!! Now think happy thoughts and have a great weekend!

1. Yeah, that’s pretty intense!

Thanks for commenting on my blog by the way, much appreciated!

Comment by Eli — June 13, 2008 @ 9:34 pm

2. I don’t get it either and you have made me laugh by how disgusting!
    Your illo helps to get the picture, I would say very effectively.
    The punchline worked!
    Enjoyed your story… By the way I have the same problem with jokes, they have to be explained to me also.

Comment by Flying Colors — June 13, 2008 @ 9:59 pm

3. That’s a very silly joke with a cool illustration to go along. Go click on my page and see if you don’t recognize somebody!

Comment by Connie — June 14, 2008 @ 11:58 am

4. that is indeed silly.. tho me, i grew up being teased as the person who laughs at the corniest & silliest jokes. as they say.. if you have joke and nobody laughs go tell it to velvet! but i think they are not correct all the time. ha!!!

Comment by atomicvelvetsigh — June 14, 2008 @ 1:04 pm

5. wow, that is some joke! i’m with you….but the image to accompany it is fun!

Comment by murphy girl — June 15, 2008 @ 9:09 am

6. Indigene, I love reading about your honesty with not getting the punchline in jokes and you are right about some of them. They are told at the expense of others. This one is purely a juvenile joke. Children love this type of jokes because they involve puke. They also love jokes that involve other bodily functions. I tolerate them and actually add to them sometimes but they can go to the extreme. But here’s a joke for you:

Knock! knock!
    Who’s there?

Comment by Ces — June 15, 2008 @ 9:25 am

7. Oh, that is disgusting but a clever entry! ;-)

Comment by Honor Bowden — June 15, 2008 @ 9:03 pm

8. that ranks up there with the all time grossest joke and your illo is funny too :)

Comment by ValGalArt — June 17, 2008 @ 12:09 pm

9. Yeeewwww! That has to be the ‘sickest’ joke I have heard in ages! But its well drawn and is a great solution to this weeks topic. Excellent!

Comment by neil — June 18, 2008 @ 8:08 am

10. Hi Indigene!
    I agree with honor bowden ;)

And about my illo,I just want to say:Life is a joke,Death is just the punchline!

Best Wishes
    Parisa

Comment by parisa mahmoudi — June 18, 2008 @ 12:10 pm

11. That’s SICK Dude!

Great Illustration and thanks for the comment.

Cheers,
    Ciaran

Comment by Parrman — June 18, 2008 @ 3:31 pm

12. I’m proud of you for being willing to share such a disgusting joke. :-) Made me smile.

Comment by Rrramone — June 22, 2008 @ 4:59 am