Routine – Detached – IF

Last night I ran the IF word “routine” by my son, his girlfriend and my daughter and they thought of cubicles, train commuters and dance routines.

I like them all, but I kept thinking of something more restful and peaceful, which I actually need right now to rest my mind. So then my son said, “why not a person in lotus pose with a detached head, of course, Mom, it doesn’t have to be gross”, and I thought, Bingo!

So this is me wishing I had a routine for being detached, it would make my life so simple. I’m going to work on that, since all my other routines are exhausting!

I just couldn’t stand missing last week’s IF so I had to do a word combo!

Namaste extended to everyone.

1. This is beautiful and so peaceful – and I love too the words and thoughts behind it. Hope you find lots of peace and calm and fun too:-)

Comment by linda sarah — August 24, 2008 @ 9:02 am

2. Yes, it would be lovely if we could routinely achieve that! Nice combination of ideas.

Comment by Lynette — August 24, 2008 @ 10:04 am

3. This is a perfect double-entry!! I wish I had more calm and peaceful “me time” in my life too. I have to remember that I’m the boss of me and I can arrange this. I just have to make it a priority :)
    Wishing you quiet bliss!
    ~Namaste~

Comment by studio lolo — August 24, 2008 @ 10:12 am

4. Great idea!word combo!!I really enjoyed it :)

Comment by Shiva — August 24, 2008 @ 10:18 am

5. that one is thought provoking. getting unplugged and all. also gives the illusion of the head being a balloon and floating away. i had heard a psychic who said to close your crown chakra when sleeping… all those are my random thoughts with this image. lots to think about

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — August 24, 2008 @ 10:25 am

6. i’ve only tried yoga twice and that was 5 years ago. but i remember feeling at peace after the session :-) love your illustration!

Comment by johanna — August 24, 2008 @ 10:31 am

7. Boy talk about Routine Of Detachment! This is so funny, funky and awesome! I wish we could all take the time to do this. this is such a powerful picture. Some time we just need to unplug our heads so that we can rest and get what we need. Feel good about what we do. This is so enlightening to me. Thanks. Great mental picture for me.

Comment by Vanessa Brantley Newton — August 24, 2008 @ 12:15 pm

8. Indegene I like you sharing your idea of how to execute the IF theme.

That made me laugh. You did a great job.

Comment by Ces — August 24, 2008 @ 1:10 pm

9. Not only unplug your head but a usb port at the back of it would be good too – download all of your brain contents so that you get to keep a backup – no more forgetting where you left your keys last night !

Nice blog by the way

Comment by jerrychicken — August 24, 2008 @ 3:36 pm

10. “Nama” means “bow,” “as” means “I,” and “te” means “you.”
    Therefore, “Namaste” literally means “bow me you” or “I bow to you.”
    I bow to you Indigene for this dual post, great concept! I too lately have been exhausted, so much work.
    I’m getting back to my yoga routine to detach-unplug!
    Very ingenious Indigene…

Comment by Flying Colors — August 24, 2008 @ 4:02 pm

11. Your son did come up with a great idea! I love it and good combo too! Have a great week :)

Comment by ValGalArt — August 24, 2008 @ 8:20 pm

12. There’s an award for you ate my blog. Please drop by. Thank you.

Comment by Ces — August 24, 2008 @ 10:30 pm

13. I do like the unplugged head – graphically effective! (It reminds me of volunteering at a con once, when I had to help the starwars stormtroopers get plugged back into their helmets :)

Comment by tanaudel — August 25, 2008 @ 4:07 am

14. what an eggsellent choice for both weeks….have also felt detached from my daily routines lately. hugs to you.

Comment by soulbrush — August 25, 2008 @ 4:18 am

15. Oh good! You got it up! Congratulations and have a great week!

Comment by Ces — August 25, 2008 @ 6:51 am

16. aw, that’s kinda spooky. ^_^

Comment by enigma — August 25, 2008 @ 9:48 am

17. I love your combination of the themes too. A routine of detachment would be so good for so many of us. Thanks for offering me a different perspective on the family bed. I guess I need that detachment when it comes to what “they” think. I’m now looking out for and looking forward to your comments each week, they are always so encouraging. Thank you. :)

Comment by Azulita — August 25, 2008 @ 11:59 am

18. Great way to do the combo. And I think you did a great job showing a detached head without the gross factor.

Comment by Heather — August 25, 2008 @ 12:58 pm

19. this is a really good idea, and fits perfectly together (: i believe true enlightment is to become detached, in that sense this illo is perfect

Comment by ill. — August 25, 2008 @ 1:02 pm

20. Great combination of both ideas. I find it fun to combine two themes too.

Comment by Josh (musarter) — August 25, 2008 @ 2:59 pm

21. That’s a great idea! I love the combination of the two topics!

Comment by Solvere volo — August 25, 2008 @ 3:07 pm

22. nice take on the theme, nice combination. I like that you worked with your family and that the finished piece gave a clear message to all especially for you. nice work.

Comment by Gai — August 25, 2008 @ 4:21 pm

23. I LOVE it! Hey…I also saw in it the idea that sometimes are heads are in one place (plugged into computers and such) while our bodies wish to be doing yoga. Thanks for commenting on my blog! ;)

Comment by Shanie — August 25, 2008 @ 6:36 pm

24. wonderful take on the topic!!!

I feel like that some days…lol

Comment by Diana Evans — August 25, 2008 @ 7:55 pm

25. Give your son at big pat on the back! Such a great illo, and I love the yoga pose. Ug, this is my first day back from a splendid vacation, and I just WISH I could do this right now. :D

Comment by Bella Sinclair — August 26, 2008 @ 12:15 am

26. oh, it’s so kind story about your family-work :) i love your illo, this is great concept to put two entries in one. wish you find your fine relaxing routine! :)

Comment by krisztina maros — August 26, 2008 @ 1:11 am

27. Hi, I like this illustration very much. Your idea is grat, combinig two of the subjects.
    Congratulations (and I love the name of your blog)

Comment by dani torrent — August 26, 2008 @ 8:46 am

28. love the idea,good illo

Comment by theartofpuro — August 26, 2008 @ 10:44 am

29. I know exactly how you feel about missing a week. This is great to combine the two in one drawing, a great idea by the way……it creates the feeling of a lack of harmony.

Comment by Sandra — August 26, 2008 @ 11:33 am

30. LOL, perfect! Wishful thinking. :)

Comment by nancy — August 26, 2008 @ 4:39 pm

31. That’s a quite creative way of putting routine and detach together as a theme. I hope you find the peacefulness you wish on your path.

Oh, and thanks for your comment on my blog ^_^ Namaste

Comment by Valerie — August 26, 2008 @ 7:50 pm

32. nice combo, it looks very spiritual!

Comment by Candace Trew Camling — August 26, 2008 @ 10:15 pm

33. What a great combination! I really like your idea for routine, so relaxing. ;-)

Comment by Honor Bowden — August 27, 2008 @ 2:51 am

34. A lovely line drawing and not gross as all! It’s a really good illustration of meditation!

Comment by Connie — August 27, 2008 @ 11:21 am

35. very interesting double post. I like it, is peaceful and original..

Comment by carga — August 28, 2008 @ 5:44 pm

36. Oh I missed last weeks for this one from you, this is perfect. Love how you’ve illustrated detatchment of mind, for a peaceful bit of time without the busy thoughts of your mind interfering.

Comment by sandymichelle — September 3, 2008 @ 12:51 am

37. great combination of the words. i would like to develop a routine of detachment too!

Comment by kat coyle — September 3, 2008 @ 11:39 am