Clique – IF

A couple of things ran through my mind when I saw this week’s prompt, “Clique“.

The first thing was the handouts I used to get in 1st grade, with the title, “Which Doesn’t Belong?”
It was always so obvious back then!

The second thing I thought about was high school and all the different “cliques” that alienated all of us from each other; because of some lame excuse that no one remembers after they left of high school or if you did remember, it’s not important any longer!

But, finally, for inspiration, I decided to go with the old nest in my backyard and improvise. “Cliques” abound, even in nature…so with that I’ll let the image speak for itself. From experience, I’ve always been the blue egg! What about you?

We all belong to the human “clique”, everything else are in the details. Vive la difference! Celebrate yourself…go ahead…you deserve it! Peace.

1. Oh so true about cliques. So painful for the young! And often they happen in adult groups too. I’d love to understand the sociology of cliques. I too am a speckled egg… Beautiful illustration – my congrats.

Comment by Regina — September 24, 2008 @ 11:21 pm

2. nice work. its an in depth theme isn’t it. I have been the blue egg at times. I love the blue egg The blue egg is so individual, unique and intriguing, inspires much more interest than the clique of 5 white eggs in the nest.

Comment by Gai — September 25, 2008 @ 2:45 am

3. I too have always been the blue egg, and now I am proud of it, as I’m sure you must be also! Beautiful image!!

Comment by Rural Pearl — September 25, 2008 @ 5:34 am

4. Lovely interpretation of the challenge!

Comment by Lynette — September 25, 2008 @ 5:37 am

5. Yes, but you’re a good egg. :)

I know where you’re coming from. I always felt like the blue egg, too. I really like this style. It’s somehow reminiscent of Asian art, which I think is very cool. Great post, and great words!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — September 25, 2008 @ 6:28 am

6. lovely drawing. Does the blue egg belong to a cuckoo? :)

Comment by DK — September 25, 2008 @ 7:42 am

7. I tend toward the blue too. Isn’t it funny how artists seem to feel that way more often than not?

This is a very lovely piece. It feels a bit like a batik to me.

Comment by Cookie Sunshine — September 25, 2008 @ 9:16 am

8. nice illustration, i like your take on the topic.

Comment by Joanie — September 25, 2008 @ 9:31 am

9. First of all, I want to say how much I like this illustration; the style really appeals to me. But also, I’ve posted a little appreciation on my site for the caring nature of your blog and your supportive comments to others.

Comment by Connie — September 25, 2008 @ 10:01 am

10. lovely illustration, I think some of us prefer to be the different coloured egg

Comment by COBOL — September 25, 2008 @ 11:13 am

11. i adore your clique :) i would like to be a blue egg too!

Comment by ValGalArt — September 25, 2008 @ 11:38 am

12. My theory is that no mater who you were in high school you felt like the blue egg… just that some would never have admitted it back then. Lovely illo Indigene!

Comment by Emily — September 25, 2008 @ 3:33 pm

13. Another lovely thought provoking piece.

Comment by Honor Bowden — September 25, 2008 @ 5:44 pm

14. i like this one too, Bella said above that it was a bit reminiscent of asian art, i can see that too, i think it is the colour scheme and use of lots of white in background and also your signature almost looks like a Japanese stamp!

Comment by Shannon Melville — September 30, 2008 @ 10:18 am

15. I agree, it’s great to be different. I love this illustration, the texture of the nest and the little blue egg, so beautiful.

Comment by Nicky Linzey — October 1, 2008 @ 5:49 am

16. Wow…feathers, leaves, and a nest can sometimes be difficult to capture. But this turned out great. I love that blue egg!

Comment by Gerald — November 4, 2008 @ 3:22 am