Repair – IF

I’d like to take great liberties and ask, “How Do You Repair A Broken Heart?” The Bee Gees song, popped in my head as soon as I saw the IF prompt (although they used the word, mend), this week! Actually, I can still hear the tune as I post this.

All this to say that repair never reminds me of home remodeling or fixing an inanimate object. It always makes me think about repairing the brokenness of people I have hurt in my life.

Do I wish I had no relationships to repair? Yes.

Has my relationship repair jobs taken me to places that I would rather have not gone? No.

In the repairing of relationships, I have found that I have been the one repaired!

Always in repairs of the heart, we grow, deepened and realize that we are and always will be messy humans, who are always in need of repair.

Start a little at a time, maybe with just a thread, a call, a letter, a note…do something…and repair what needs to be repaired in your broken relationships.

Repairing my life a little at a time, sending out some amazing wishes for you to use the tools in your life to do the same! Peace

1. Theresa, I’m floored by your blog. It’s great! I love the polar bear and I love how you do it. How you have the time is a real mystery.
    Wonderful!
    xoxo
    Jaynee

Comment by painterjayne — October 26, 2008 @ 5:40 pm

2. wonderful post, wonderful art…

Comment by NANCY LEFKO — October 26, 2008 @ 6:32 pm

3. It never is that simple is it? Bummmmer. Oh well.

Comment by Gwynnie Frey — October 26, 2008 @ 7:23 pm

4. This is a very philosophical post and sounds like it was a successful repair.

Comment by Teri C — October 26, 2008 @ 7:48 pm

5. The heart is a very strong organ, but so very easy to break with a word or deed. I really feel this illustration. Very powerful feelings behind this. Great work.

Comment by Vanessa Brantley Newton — October 26, 2008 @ 7:57 pm

6. I’m glad I’m in a place right now that I don’t have to contemplate that. But, sure have been there quite a few times in the past.

Comment by kim — October 26, 2008 @ 8:33 pm

7. I agree with everyone…nice work!!!

^_^

Comment by tippachat — October 26, 2008 @ 9:43 pm

8. Great idea and very powerful piece!
    Thanks for your wish indigene:)
    Certainly it’s not easy repair a broken heart but time will heal.
    Thanks again.

Comment by yoon see — October 27, 2008 @ 2:44 am

9. So sad when the heart is acing and repairing takes time to have it strong again.

Great work.

Comment by Zórdís — October 27, 2008 @ 4:10 am

10. So sad when the heart is acing and repairing takes time to have it strong again.

Great work.

Comment by Zórdís — October 27, 2008 @ 4:11 am

11. Theresa, this is a deep thought for the theme. Love it.

Comment by Ria — October 27, 2008 @ 5:41 am

12. well said..I wish I had never met people who broke my heart ..but then time and love heals everything !

Comment by Pea — October 27, 2008 @ 7:48 am

13. well said ..I wish I had never met people who broke my heart .but then time and love heals everything !

Comment by Pea — October 27, 2008 @ 7:51 am

14. What a great take on the theme! And I agree, repairing relationships is so important, because life can be so unpredictable, and it’s those relationships that make our lives meaningful. Great illo, thanks for making us think.

Comment by Michelle Henninger — October 27, 2008 @ 8:32 am

15. Thank you for your loving post. We need these reminders. Great post!

Comment by get zapped — October 27, 2008 @ 11:30 am

16. Thanks for your wish for everyone to repair, use tools, find peace. Awesome post and so true.

Comment by Heidi Younger Illustration — October 27, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

17. I agree, we are messy humans, always in need of repair. It is no wonder that some people avoid relationships. However, I think of my relationship with my family and close friends, and even though there is “repair” and maintenance work, I wouldn’t trade them for anything.

BTW, thanks for your comments on my blog. It is funny that we both thought of relationships for the IF topic.

Comment by David R. Vallejo — October 27, 2008 @ 8:23 pm

18. That song I remember so well,nice thougths and work .And thanks for your nice comment!!

Comment by ROSÁLIA LERNER — October 28, 2008 @ 4:31 am

19. Great idea and work

Comment by theartofpuro — October 28, 2008 @ 11:56 am

20. i completely agree with you! Repairing friendships and relationships are also about repairing yourself! Well said and well illustrated :)

Comment by ValGalArt — October 28, 2008 @ 1:26 pm

21. Very dramaitc work!
    and the sentiments are thought provoking!!

Comment by Susan — October 28, 2008 @ 1:46 pm

22. i can feel how broken the heart is! and how much sorry i am for the character. Well done!!

Comment by Owl Eng — October 28, 2008 @ 9:30 pm

23. Great thoughts and a striking image as always.

Comment by Honor Bowden — October 28, 2008 @ 11:56 pm

24. Great idea for “Repair.” Nice thought on repair; really heart felt. Thank you for opening up. The illustration fits too; there is something painful or melancholy about the way you rendered it.
    Gotta love those Bee Gees.

Comment by Josh (musarter) — October 29, 2008 @ 7:58 am

25. Sometimes we can notice that someone is heart broken by looking at their face! Nice concept!

Comment by Bobo — October 29, 2008 @ 3:15 pm

26. How well spoken!
    Ok, now I’ve got the beegees stuck in my head!!!

Comment by Roberta — October 29, 2008 @ 3:24 pm

27. VERY nice.. very contemplative.. wonderful take on the theme!.. beautiful

Comment by patthebuny — October 29, 2008 @ 5:37 pm

28. Very sad and powerful, great work. And thanks for your comment on my IF: repair piece!

Comment by Jutta — October 30, 2008 @ 7:37 am

29. Good Morning my friend! What a great idea you left on my blog!!! I don’t even know how to do an email, but you best believe I will be exploring this over the weekend. Thanks so very much for you inspiring visit my friend. Take care,
    V

Comment by Vanessa Brantley Newton — October 30, 2008 @ 8:07 am

30. now i have that song in my head!!! oh no!

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — October 30, 2008 @ 10:23 am

31. ps – i recently migrated my links to a different page and have placed a bio and a thumbnail there. if you ever want to change it; let me kno!

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — October 30, 2008 @ 10:34 am

32. So nice, so true, and a good morsel of wisdom. Thank you.

Comment by Kate — October 30, 2008 @ 10:00 pm

33. You are right! Thanks for your words. Nice work!

Comment by artevero — October 31, 2008 @ 11:51 am

34. A very powerful image. I feel the intensity of what it takes to repair this kind of stuff. You are brave! And an inspiration!

Comment by Flying Colors — November 1, 2008 @ 7:35 am

35. Thoughtful entry and potent ilustration.

Comment by Bee — November 2, 2008 @ 8:11 am

36. i do so love your posts every week…been busy with the big draw so haven’t visited for a while!

Comment by soulbrush — November 2, 2008 @ 10:47 am

37. An interestng piece. A person can’t help but stop and take a look and wonder what it’s all about.

Comment by Rick — November 5, 2008 @ 8:44 am

38. What a beautiful touching post :) it is lovely that you are using your art, your kind words and lovely heart to help other people see the most important thing in our lives: our relationships with others.

Comment by Shannon Melville — November 5, 2008 @ 9:50 am