WISE – IF

Wise, like all words have several variations of meaning, but it has always meant to me, more or less:

“having the power of discerning and judging properly as to what is true or right; possessing discernment, judgment, or discretion.” (see dictionary.com)

I have found that it also depends on who’s opinion of wisdom you’re seeking.

In looking at wise as a visual, I’ve found wisdom, across cultures, genders and ages. So in my travels, in a supermarket, a daycare center, a senior center, across the road, the city, the country, and around the world, I see wise faces in the hope of a woman, the essence of a child, and the wrinkles of an old man. I’ve found the key is being able to see wisdom, at all.

Look for wisdom, in all ages and in all people, we all have some to give. Peace to you all.

1. Lovely illustrations and a thoughful, true account :)

Comment by Bee — November 14, 2008 @ 3:37 am

2. Indigene, you are the embodiment of wise. And these portraits are remarkable. They each tell a story and are truly wonderful!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — November 14, 2008 @ 6:23 am

3. I like the meaning behind the portraits. Very nice interpretation!

Comment by Mie Illustrates! — November 14, 2008 @ 8:01 am

4. Your portraits are wonderful! I love the patterns and color. Interesting that you kept the child’s and woman’s face in grayscale. They all look very interested in the viewer! Wise indeed!!

Comment by Ann Marie — November 14, 2008 @ 12:19 pm

5. Beautiful pictures – I especially love the boy’s face – you’ve captured the way children can look so wise sometimes.

Comment by rachelhoward — November 17, 2008 @ 11:47 am

6. Wow great reflexion on the topic and great artistic work!
    thank you for your comment on my illo :)

Comment by marce — December 21, 2008 @ 4:55 pm