Opinion – Illustration Friday

I have never met a woman who didn’t have an opinion, but I have met women who are not allowed to share their opinions, or who are thought not to have one.

The right to have an opinion and to express it freely is a human right.

Peace to you all on this designated weekend of thanksgiving, and make everyday a time of thanksgiving.

1. Hi indigene,
    How are you Indigene? Hope you are very fine.
    Happy thanksgiving to you & family.
    Lovely post with lovely thoughts.
    I always admire you posting somethings for us to ponder for good.
    I do agree with you, everyone should have their opinion especially women like us but if we can’t express our thoughts…well that’s very unfair and no human right!!!
    I need to thanks God for I have the freedom to do so.

Comment by yoon see — November 28, 2008 @ 12:25 pm

2. So very poignant and moving. We should be thankful for our voices. Lovely painting, and I like your new blog! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — November 29, 2008 @ 5:57 pm

3. hear hear…..wonderful expression on her face.

Comment by soulbrush — November 30, 2008 @ 7:37 am

4. i really agree with you on this one. it almost happened to me………….
    great illo by the way.

Comment by isay — November 30, 2008 @ 3:52 pm

5. Another beautiful, well thought out piece. Happy Thanksgiving back to you! :)

Comment by Loni Edwards — December 1, 2008 @ 1:44 am

6. I love the expression on her face. She clearly has a negative opinion about something, and is working hard to resist voicing it.

Comment by Marta — December 2, 2008 @ 2:09 pm

7. wonderful point here. i used to be one of the later… now i tell everyone. :-)

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — December 3, 2008 @ 1:41 pm

8. I agree. We have a gal in our office who is from another country and we can see how she is not allowed to speak her mind. She always says ‘yes’ to everything no matter the circumstances. Sad, really.

Comment by kim — December 5, 2008 @ 12:49 pm