Similar – IF

This week for Illustration Friday, I did not have time to come up with a new illustration, so I had to borrow an image I’ve already created. What can I say? Life is hectic!

There are so many ways that people are similar, but unfortunately we have created a history of focusing on negative differences. Maybe…hopefully, in the USA, we are now focusing on the similarities and celebrating all our differences.

Oh I am so wishing for this New Year in the United States of America!   Peace.

1. Lovely image and post Indigene :) I think we’re all ready for the new year. Wow, it’s been a tough one! (It’s been a tough eight!)
    XX

Comment by studio lolo — December 8, 2008 @ 10:46 pm

2. Fabulous and profound! You say a lot with this one.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — December 9, 2008 @ 6:59 am

3. Lovely illustration with a celebration heart!

Comment by yoon see — December 9, 2008 @ 9:59 am

4. I agree! Jan 20 can not get here soon enough for me :) Thank you for your nice comment. You did a lovely illustration, its very fitting for the prompt this week. Well done!

Comment by Loni Edwards — December 9, 2008 @ 12:57 pm

5. Very well said and beautifully drawn illustration.

Comment by Gallery Juana — December 9, 2008 @ 6:27 pm

6. Very thoughtful response to the theme. Your ‘old’ image fits it so well, too!

Comment by Cathy — December 9, 2008 @ 7:20 pm

7. Great work and sentiment- amen to that!!!

Comment by AndyDoodler — December 9, 2008 @ 11:13 pm

8. a great piece on similar. you did well to get an image posted. It is a busy time of the year I am just going to check out the website and the exhibition.

Comment by gai — December 10, 2008 @ 3:46 am

9. Hello Indegene, that is one cool illustration. You know, eagles are born to fly! :)

Comment by Ces — December 10, 2008 @ 5:35 am

10. this is lovely – and i couldn’t agree more – the time ahead of us is filled with hope!

Comment by adrienne — December 10, 2008 @ 8:17 am

11. I am so with you!

Comment by willie — December 10, 2008 @ 8:38 am

12. Thanks for visiting my blog. What a fantastic image – and it fits so well with the theme! x

Comment by Liza — December 10, 2008 @ 9:32 am

13. Lovely wish for a new year! :)

Comment by Christy — December 10, 2008 @ 10:20 am

14. god bless ya… and it’s about time… beautiful work…

Comment by michael oconnell — December 10, 2008 @ 12:09 pm

15. I am so ready for the new year too. This image works perfectly for similar.
    And congrats on the exhibition.

Comment by Jennifer — December 10, 2008 @ 12:43 pm

16. i have not seen this and it is lovely. i am also wishing the same. all the best

Comment by isay — December 10, 2008 @ 2:00 pm

17. I like it ! Great job!!

Comment by Wee Ellen — December 10, 2008 @ 4:31 pm

18. It is a busy time of year!
    This is an interesting piece, full of symbolism! It goes well with your thoughtful post. Know that your sentiments are echoed by many. Peace to you Indigene!

Comment by Ann Marie — December 10, 2008 @ 4:41 pm

19. The work is intense. I find myself remembering some Faith Ringgold pieces when I look at it. Thank you for the New Year’s wish – and for your comments.

Comment by Cheryl — December 10, 2008 @ 5:27 pm

20. Hey Sweetie, Let you tell you that I really LOVED your entry for Similar!!! Excellent and I love what you wrote as well. This was simply beautiful and strong. I could just feel the energy coming off of it!!! Great work again my dear! You are something else. he he he
    Great work !

Comment by Vanessa N — December 10, 2008 @ 8:27 pm

21. hi indigene, thank you for leaving a freindly message in my blog. i’m exploring yours as of this moment and am simply enjoying the naive approach of your illustrations. realy, really wonderful. ;-)

Comment by palma tayona — December 11, 2008 @ 2:39 am

22. oh my… i didn’t realize that your works are big! now i am at awe with your painted visions… beautiful :-)

Comment by palma tayona — December 11, 2008 @ 2:45 am

23. Lovely Illustration and love the message..Unity in diversity !

Comment by Pea — December 11, 2008 @ 9:55 am

24. This is a great piece for similar! You have so much talent, congratulations on your gallery show!

Comment by rebecca woodward — December 11, 2008 @ 10:03 am

25. so true, profound art, bravo!

Comment by linda — December 11, 2008 @ 12:22 pm

26. Great piece and great interpretation

Comment by theartofpuro — December 11, 2008 @ 1:08 pm

27. amazing and I’m glad you showed this!

Comment by valgalart — December 11, 2008 @ 2:01 pm

28. great illustration and congratualtions on your show, good luck with it

Comment by Cobol — December 11, 2008 @ 5:44 pm

29. This is really great and I love what you wrote. I feel the same way. As a Canadian, I am watching closely and hoping that perhaps our country will have a ‘similar’ change in government.

Comment by Maria Pace-Wynters — December 11, 2008 @ 6:31 pm

30. Very well said Indigene.
    I so admire your straightforwardness! Phew, that was a long word…

Best to you always :)

Comment by Flying Colors — December 11, 2008 @ 10:12 pm

31. Hey Indigene, this is really a positive message, as your own personality. Thanks a lot for being as you are. Best wishes

Comment by dani torrent — December 12, 2008 @ 3:05 am

32. Yes, we have to focus in positive differences, <3 !

Comment by MatalongaJorge — December 12, 2008 @ 6:44 am

33. Cool illo with great message!! really love your insight

Comment by owl eng — December 12, 2008 @ 7:30 am

34. Wow Indigene! Powerful image!- How is it in P.A.? My son is up there visiting friends this week- he loves Philly (br-r-r-r-r-r….Cold) He loves the cold so I guess that’s perfect.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!- John