Rambunctious – IF (Illustration Friday)

This little rambunctious darling, decided, that her cat was in need of “bootifying” (beautifying). The precious part to me was how she went on and on about how her baby (the cat) “just gets into everything.”

All children should be “rambunctious” it’s the only time in life when we’re “allowed.” Now who do you think is the really rambunctious one?

This has been a stressful and very busy week for me, so I had to go to an image that was already completed some time ago.

Actually, right now I’m finding the adults in my life rather rambunctious and I really don’t mean that in a positive light! It’s so much more wonderful when it’s a rambunctious child!

I hope during the frenzy of what is a holiday season for some, that you take a moment and enjoy your little ones, they really know how to live their lives, if you let them.  Peaceful blessing to you all!

1. lovely image, wonderful colours. I’m always glad when this season is done, especially since both my wife and daughter have birthdays between Christmas and New Years, I hope things settle down for you

Comment by Cobol — December 14, 2008 @ 4:12 pm

2. Yes it is a stressful time of year for a lot of people, unfortunately….
    Great pose in your sketch, you can sense the she has a firm grip on the cat and that it’s wriggling to get away! Thanks so much for visting my blog, I hope things slow down a bit for you soon :>

Comment by Laura Taylor Mark — December 14, 2008 @ 5:49 pm

3. ……….so sweet, and you are right children should be rambunctious, (and adults too from time to time!). Thanks for visiting me

Comment by Amy C — December 14, 2008 @ 6:55 pm

4. HA HA your rambunctious adults comment cracks me up…I’ve seen a few of those too :) Nice illo!

Comment by senta — December 14, 2008 @ 7:23 pm

5. I like the orange and green combo in your illo.

Comment by Spaceman Dave — December 14, 2008 @ 8:18 pm

6. Great colors and composition!

Comment by Shano — December 14, 2008 @ 8:53 pm

7. what a marvelous image; i like how it shows her movement and the layers of the fish cat girl leads to an interesting composition which leaves you asking what is going on. very nicely done.

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — December 14, 2008 @ 10:37 pm

8. I remember trying to put my dogs fur in rollers, i like how she lets the cat look in the mirrow, sweet!

ps : i so enjoyed looking tru your gallery !

Comment by linda — December 14, 2008 @ 11:12 pm

9. Great work!! =)

Comment by flower girl — December 15, 2008 @ 1:35 am

10. This is just darling! Our poor pets are subjected to a lot, aren’t they. You have such kindness and wisdom in your posts, Indigene. I like seeing and reading what you have to say. Hang in there. The holidays will pass soon enough, and good luck with the rambunctious big people.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — December 15, 2008 @ 7:08 am

11. Great thoughts on children and life. Nice illo. too: Poor cat!

Comment by Josh Billings — December 15, 2008 @ 9:43 am

12. This is such a delightful painting! I love both the child’s and the cat’s expressions…equally determined to get their way. Brilliant take on the topic.

Comment by Tessa — December 15, 2008 @ 10:19 am

13. wonderful!

Comment by enigma — December 15, 2008 @ 7:40 pm

14. thank you for your kind comment. I enjoy the picture on this page, the one you did for similar, a lot.

Comment by Matthew Jeske — December 16, 2008 @ 12:18 am

15. Rambunctious little ones ARE the best. I’ll make sure to hug my little one extra tight tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment by lady cupcake — December 16, 2008 @ 1:46 am

16. Good one, Indigene. It has a nice Japanese feel to it.

Comment by harrybell — December 16, 2008 @ 6:38 am

17. Can we say OUCH!!! She had really be very careful with that cat! This is to funny and cute!! I love the look on face like,” I’m trying to show love to cat.” This is just wonderful!! Great work again Lady!

Comment by vanessa newton — December 16, 2008 @ 8:39 am

18. Aw, this is sweet. I feel bad for the cat, tho. =)

Comment by Kim — December 16, 2008 @ 2:00 pm

19. Beautiful image and sentiment!

Comment by valgalart — December 16, 2008 @ 3:04 pm

20. Brilliant! That’s my childhood revisit too! Thanks Indigene.
    That’s why I love to drop by here. Your illustrationa always so touching and full of joy!

Comment by yoon see — December 17, 2008 @ 12:26 am

21. This is a great piece. Great colour. If you don’t mind, I am going to keep poking my head in and see what you have been up to. I like your style.

Comment by Shannon — December 17, 2008 @ 8:21 am

22. Really nice work, and nice story. We don’t have a problem with rambunctious children at our home.

Comment by Kat — December 17, 2008 @ 9:27 am

23. The only thing I can say is: Love it and….poor cat :)

Comment by theartofpuro — December 17, 2008 @ 12:39 pm

24. really nice work!
    you have an interesting style!

Comment by gabe — December 18, 2008 @ 12:32 am

25. You said a mouthful! I agree, kids should be rambunctious, because rambunctious adults are just not cute anymore, heehee!

Wonderful idea and adorable illo!

Comment by sketched out — December 18, 2008 @ 1:03 am

26. Yes, you took the best part of rambunctious! I still don’t know if this worf have a meaning but indeed, I imagined the worst part of it: in adults, hahaha, Ay!
    Greetings

Comment by cati — December 18, 2008 @ 11:19 am

27. Here’s to rambunctious children!
    Such a sweet illustration!

Merry Christmas and thanks for your very kind comment!

Denise

Comment by Denise Gallagher — December 18, 2008 @ 5:08 pm

28. Thanks Indigene for your nice comment, and I agree for idea of chidlhood.

Comment by Rosalia Lerner — December 19, 2008 @ 6:06 am

29. Lol very cute :). I agree, kiddos need to be rambunctious! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Holidays!

Comment by Sophie — December 19, 2008 @ 10:56 am

30. I love the way the cat looks all puzzled and helpless :)

Thanks for you comment!

Comment by Dorit — December 26, 2008 @ 4:38 pm

31. Thank you for your comment! If you use google translater you will understand almost everything I have written in my blog. Really easy to use.

Comment by boysen illustration — December 30, 2008 @ 3:44 am