Voices-IF

From the time I was born to now, there have always been wars; but there were also people who were trying to end discrimination, and trying to be good stewards of the earth.

There were so many causes, “voices” trying to be heard.

I remember going to various churches, and back then it was the only time I felt calm during those tumultuous times in the USA.

As soon as I heard those voices singing, whether it was gospel songs, hymns, chanting or folk songs, it was those voices that gave me peace.

So, when I dream of peace, there are always voices involve. My most common dream is a wonderful saxophone playing on its own and voices of people from all over the world singing, in their own languages and these harmonious voices sends chills through me and brings me to tears. Maybe it’s naive and idealistic, but…

Yes, I have a dream…too…to live to peace in a diverse world community. It’s a prayer that I hold close to my heart.  It’s time…to lift every voice and sing…Peace to everyone, everyday in every way.

1. So strong & joyful – that yellow really lifts it.

Comment by Kathleen — December 23, 2008 @ 11:58 pm

2. Oh, Indigene! What an incredible painting! Even the sax looks like it’s singing from the heart. There’s passion and hope in your image. I pray that your dream comes true. The news has been very, very depressing these past few months, from all over the world. We need peace, and we need it badly.

May you and your family enjoy love and laughter and warmth this holiday season.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — December 24, 2008 @ 12:36 am

3. This is absolutely beautiful. A new look for you? Definitely a new look for the site.

Comment by Don — December 24, 2008 @ 12:38 am

4. Thanks for your great sharing Indigene!
    Love your voices on this., certainly the style and arrangement here are just so touching and & full of encouragement!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!
    All blessed with God’s protection.
    Bye and enjoy:)

Comment by yoon see — December 24, 2008 @ 3:43 am

5. Definitely love the idea. May your dreams come true! And love the make over of this. Keep on the good work!

Comment by ria nirwana — December 24, 2008 @ 11:49 am

6. what a wonderful post… god bless you and , i too, pray for that kind of world indigene…

happy christmas

Comment by Michael O'Connell — December 24, 2008 @ 6:29 pm

7. exquisite. and i love your new blog layout. wishing you and yours peace and happiness for 2009. hugs.

Comment by soulbrush — December 25, 2008 @ 5:23 am

8. Hey again, Indigene! I’m posting to let you know that if you want it, there’s an award for you to pick up over at my blog. :)

Comment by Nancy — December 25, 2008 @ 3:29 pm

9. wow!.. what a great use of color.. and the concept.. perfect!!!.. great illo.

Comment by patthebuny — December 25, 2008 @ 4:06 pm

10. Lovely painting and thought. Peace to you and yours this holiday. :)

Comment by Christy — December 25, 2008 @ 10:14 pm

11. For every time its art and for art its freedom.
    Your “Voices”, both text and imagery show how influential work can be. Wars never end; the same with art.

Comment by Yulia — December 27, 2008 @ 12:17 am

12. Very nice illo… and very suggerent.

Comment by carmen — December 27, 2008 @ 4:20 pm

13. ‘My most common dream is a wonderful saxophone playing on its own and voices of people from all over the world singing, in their own languages.’
    Dream is the making tool of civilization. dream and dream and we are just dreaming children for a better tomorrow. nosle.com todd

Comment by Todd More — December 27, 2008 @ 10:04 pm

14. lovely painting ! Wishing you a wonderful and a very happy 2009!

Comment by Pea — December 28, 2008 @ 12:01 pm

15. Love the energy and feel of this piece! =)

Comment by Jennifer L. Meyer — December 30, 2008 @ 7:54 pm

16. wonderful colors and energy! kudos!!

Comment by Matthew Smith — January 16, 2009 @ 4:26 pm