Clandestine-IF (Last post for 2008)

Hmm…this is my last post for the year, 2008. It has been a year of changes and a year of incomplete tasks.

So I thought it fitting that I post my Illustration Friday post, still needing more work. It is much like me, with all it’s good intentions and color. Also like me it is quite imperfect.

Clandestine is such an odd word to illustrate, but I chose the lighthearted version of the definition, a secret meeting. The first idea, that came to mind, was when my daughter and I visited some good friends in Maine, near Portland, and my daughter and her friend decided to camp out in their backyard. Every time I went to check on the girls, they kept telling me to “stop trying to spy on us!”.

Nothing is better than having a good friend, talking all night long with them, in a tent, with flashlight and nature. I hope they remember their clandestine night of being friends under the Maine sky. I know I will.

We’re reaching the end of another year…but I’m so hopeful for the new year, lots of hard work and good intentions made into reality. There is nothing clandestine about that!

Thanks to everyone who visited my blog and website this year! I appreciate every single comment and the time spent here. Time is priceless and valued by me.

Peace to you all.

1. ..ah putting the world to rights under canvass, always good fun! Nice take on the subject.

Comment by CharlieCreek — December 29, 2008 @ 5:47 am

2. beautiful drawing! the little flashlight abandoned on the ground is my favorite detail.

Comment by aimee — December 29, 2008 @ 9:29 am

3. I love this image. Especially creative for it to be held up by a broom. Love the light. Reminds me of tents I use to make in my room. Happy New Year!

Comment by Kat — December 29, 2008 @ 10:00 am

4. lovely use of colors… reminds me of the tents my 2 used to make up here in Maine… the years go by so quickly!

Comment by patthebuny — December 29, 2008 @ 2:02 pm

5. Hi Indigene….

I love this piece…and I wish you and yours had a wonderful Holiday!!!

Hope you have a wonderful new Year!!

Hugs
    Diana

Comment by Diana Evans — December 29, 2008 @ 3:17 pm

6. What a darling and open post. I so enjoyed this. The playfulness and memories if evoked within me. Here’s to an enriching and hopeful year!

Comment by get zapped — December 29, 2008 @ 4:11 pm

7. This is a great illustration, takes me back to when my girls and their friends would make a tent in the backyard, or basement. They didn’t want me checking (spying) on them either.

Comment by jrt — December 29, 2008 @ 5:55 pm

8. this is wonderful – and it sounds like a lot of fun, too!

Comment by adrienne — December 29, 2008 @ 9:46 pm

9. What a nice memory for all concerned. Also reminds me of reading under the covers with a flashlight. Best wishes.

Comment by Susan — December 29, 2008 @ 10:47 pm

10. Thanks for the comps on my art scribble for clandestine hahaha I got a great big smile when I saw yours though….It brought back so many memories…. thanks

John

Comment by John — December 29, 2008 @ 11:27 pm

11. Hi indigene, that´s cool art you make, thanks for your comment on my blog. Happy New Year!

Comment by pascal — December 30, 2008 @ 12:20 am

12. Very nice story and illustration. Perfectly clandestine! Happy 2009!

Comment by Tomas — December 30, 2008 @ 3:50 am

13. great art and writing, and original take on the topic!
    tnx for visiting my blog and appreciating the illo….
    happy new year

Comment by aynaku — December 30, 2008 @ 5:58 am

14. it is lovely!! like the illo and story!!
    Happy 2009 ;)

Comment by owl eng — December 30, 2008 @ 6:12 am

15. camping out!!! This is prefect for the word! I had to look the word up a few times. This is great. Have a wonderful and blessed Happy New Year! It’s going to be a great year for us! Hugs a plenty!

Comment by vanessa newton — December 30, 2008 @ 7:46 am

16. Your works are quite beautiful. You always find a glimpse of purity and hope in our chaotic world…& thank you for the kind words. : )

Comment by Uptowngirl — December 30, 2008 @ 8:02 am

17. What a lovely reminder of days gone by. Your illustration is just perfect and just the way children would have created their secret place. I love the broom “tent pole” and the way the flash light was left behind, as though secrets need no light.

Happy New Year may you be blessed.

Comment by Ginger*:) — December 30, 2008 @ 8:53 am

18. What a delightful entry! This has been a year hasn’t it! For me as well! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your comments! A wonderful New Year to you also!!!

Comment by Elise N. Black — December 30, 2008 @ 9:52 am

19. Lovely style!!!
    Thanks for this great story. It brings back sweet childhood memories where I used to play with my playmates in a creative self-build tent.
    Love the sky’s render, so much horizon (freedom) one can stretch!
    :):)

Comment by yoon see — December 30, 2008 @ 11:35 am

20. Beautiful illustration. Love the broom as a tent post, very creative.

Comment by Emily — December 30, 2008 @ 11:39 am

21. good idea, i like secret meetings when i was a kid. so much fun! thanks for sharing.

Comment by enigma — December 30, 2008 @ 12:04 pm

22. Really sweet illustration and a lovely account :)

Comment by Bee — December 30, 2008 @ 12:34 pm

23. Good idea and illo!
    Happy New Year :)

Comment by Kris-Tea — December 30, 2008 @ 1:41 pm

24. aw! I love Portland, ME. I grew up about an hour away, and always loved going to the ocean. sigh. Brings back memories. :)

Comment by miz katie — December 30, 2008 @ 1:45 pm

25. What imperfections?

So sweet, this piece. It conjures up a lot of dreams and potential, so I love it the way it is. It’s been a really tough year, hasn’t it? I hope next year brings you lots of good fortune, love, and good health.

Hugs!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — December 30, 2008 @ 6:37 pm

26. wonderful illustration and story, thank you for inspiring me with your art and your commentaries throughout the year and for all your king comments and encouragement on mine, happy new year

Comment by Cobol — December 31, 2008 @ 11:14 am

27. sorry, king comments should have read kind comments

Comment by Cobol — December 31, 2008 @ 11:17 am

28. great illustration and I love the story of the girls in the tent !!!

Comment by Nancy Lefko — December 31, 2008 @ 11:47 am

29. I love the illustration and the background story. Makes me think of my daughter, and the broom pole makes me think of my childhood “clandestine” getaways.

Comment by Margothere — December 31, 2008 @ 12:57 pm

30. What a nice memory you’ve portrayed! I love the painting!

Comment by Cathy Bobak — December 31, 2008 @ 5:09 pm

31. that is very true about a good friend. great illustration HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comment by carli — January 1, 2009 @ 10:38 am

32. Wonderful story of intrigue, adventure, and friendship… and isn’t that what life’s all about? Happy 2009.

Comment by Twisselman — January 1, 2009 @ 1:26 pm

33. Nice drawing. . You say it is not ‘perfect’– all I see is that it is refreshingly honest and a sweetness seeps through. Leave perfection for industrialized drawings. Yours is much more touching and from the heart. Reading your own biting self-criticism made me smile as I struggle with the same issues.

Comment by Claire JolieCoeur — January 1, 2009 @ 5:22 pm

34. A beautiful illo and a beautiful new blog!!! It looks so spiffy and chic around here :) Happy New Year to you! xo

Comment by valgalart — January 1, 2009 @ 10:02 pm

35. Hehe. Very cute, and I do like the role the broom plays!

Comment by Kathleen — January 2, 2009 @ 3:44 am

36. Thanks for the comment
    I’m late but your illo is wonderful and love the concept

Happy new year to you

Comment by theartofpuro — January 2, 2009 @ 4:30 am

37. This is really cute! I like your interpretation of the theme.

Comment by Tiffany Jones-Toubeaux — January 2, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

38. I got quite a kick out of this illustration with the broom holding up the tent. A girl has got to do what a girl has got to do. ;-)

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — January 4, 2009 @ 12:52 pm

39. What a unique concept! I often wish I could go back to the simple days where I could drop everything and sleep in a tent. Well, not in January… but maybe in the spring.

Comment by kim — January 5, 2009 @ 11:34 am