Resolve-IF

Happy New Year! It’s been a year since, I decided to join Illustration Friday (“IF”). I know that there are folks that have been a part of IF for years, and I congratulate them, too!

What’s really a big deal and funny to me about the whole blog thing, is “I absolutely do not like writing!” So, it has been a major feat for me to continue this weekly. Writing to me, is like speaking in public for some folk…incredibly scary! But, last year, (a year-to-date) I decided to take on one fear at a time, and this was one.

Oh, boy, do I have a lot of fears, and after turning 50 years old on January 1. I figured, it will be a lifelong journey to conquer them, one at a time. Now granted I maybe 150 years old by the time I conquer them all, but, hey, I’m trying :)

The word for IF this week is “resolve” which is close enough to resolutions for me. I’ve already broken one resolution…yes, already…lol! That is to post only new work this year to IF; but oh well…!

This lovely lady, was created under the title of “Comfort Zone”. She is a beautiful tribute to my godmother, “Miss Mamie” who always appeared to me to be comfortable in her own skin and always confident! She was an inspiring influence in my life! She resolved in the early stages of her life to be comfortable in her own skin! Now that’s “resolve!”

Let’s make this year a beginning for positive resolve. Peace.

1. She does look very comfortable! And I do like the effect of that great expanse of green.

Comment by Kathleen — January 7, 2009 @ 2:30 am

2. There’s a great peace and serenity in her face that speaks of someone who has lived her life true to herself.

Congrats on your one-year anniversary, and Happy Birthday!

Comment by Twisselman — January 7, 2009 @ 8:35 am

3. I like your choice of colors

Comment by Tomas — January 7, 2009 @ 10:21 am

4. Love the illo and the style
    I agree with about writing I have the same problem

Comment by theartofpuro — January 7, 2009 @ 11:49 am

5. Beautiful image and grandmother- you captured the look of comfort perfectly! Congratulations on journey! Happy New Year!

Comment by AndyDoodler — January 7, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

6. Well, happy new year and happy birthday all at once! That’s a great birthday to have. Everyone celebrates with you.

This is a fantastic portrait. Being comfortable in your own skin is definitely something to strive for. It’s that aura of confidence (without being arrogant) that’s so attractive. I think you’ve captured it well.

Looking forward to seeing a whole ‘nother year of posts from you!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — January 8, 2009 @ 1:22 am

7. Wonderful symbolism. I really like the point of view on this–down at the level of the figure containing her feelings. Powerful questions too.

Comment by Heather — January 15, 2009 @ 12:14 pm