Pale – IF

When I’m creating, I’m usually in the “zone” as my family calls it! So, in the zone, intense vivid colors catch my attention. So there are very few pale colors in my portfolio at any time. This piece was used for my banner on my first blog.

This piece created some time ago, is my ode to pale pastel colors.

I like creating in black and white first (either graphite or pen) and then color is built upon that. Many times, I will leave parts of the image in black and white, generally it’s the face and I add color to the background or the clothing. It’s a style preference for me, but it is also, my experience of how many people view others, in terms of black and white, yet we can see the landscapes surrounding people in brilliant colors! So my motto and artistic statement, is “Illuminating the black and white of life in vivid color

Anyhow, this is a pale, playful piece for me, Pale to me is pastel colors and polar bears. But, I like living my life in full vivid colors! Peace

1. I was always fond of this bear as well. It is nice to see him again. He’s perfect for this theme.

Comment by Jennifer — January 22, 2009 @ 12:46 pm

2. What a cute fellow… (looks like he has just taken seat at the table and is waiting to get his meal served ^o^)

What you said about people perceiving other in black and white while they see the surroundings in color really made me think.

Comment by :) Silvia — January 22, 2009 @ 2:14 pm

3. Polar bears are very in this week, hee hee! Yours is especially wonderful!

Comment by sketched out — January 22, 2009 @ 9:32 pm

4. I always enjoyed your polar bear on the other other blog. I had missed him. I am glad you brought him out again. He is really wonderful. You’ve captured him so well!
    I also wanted to add that I appreciate your positive attitude. Thank you for your recent visit. Your words were inspirational and wise. Thank you.

Comment by Edrian Thomidis — January 22, 2009 @ 10:59 pm

5. Great illustration,love the polar bear,great style

Comment by theartofpuro — January 23, 2009 @ 8:20 am

6. beautuful bear and motto!
    peace

Comment by AndyDoodler — January 25, 2009 @ 4:30 pm

7. That’s a great idea using a polar bear for describing “pale”
    I too find myself going into a “zone” hours can just fly by during that time too!

Comment by Andrea Lynn — January 27, 2009 @ 11:27 am