Flawed – IF

“In our flawed existence, we seek perfection and it is in our midst.’

As an artist, I often try to capture what I have in my mind, but it is never as beautiful, as it is in my mind’s eye. That’s why I continue struggling as an artist, because one day, I will get it right.

Besides, I find beauty in all forms, any and everywhere!

Peace to all and warmth to all the folks in frigid cold places.

1. Nice work! Art is a journey…

Comment by Digital Scott — January 31, 2009 @ 2:40 pm

2. Very Cool! I like the contrasts of colour against the cold grayscale!

Comment by Kim D. — January 31, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

3. I really love the idea and the way you put it together works perfectly :)

Comment by valgalart — January 31, 2009 @ 5:27 pm

4. Indegene, I forgot to tell you I gave you a couple of awards last week. Please check it out if you have the time. I agree with you about the difficulty of putting into reality what we think in our mind. For years I have been trying to paint this abstract painting and every time I put it in canvas, it is not what I thought. Great post and thought.

Comment by Ces — January 31, 2009 @ 5:55 pm

5. I love this! Great take on the theme.

Comment by Kylie — January 31, 2009 @ 6:03 pm

6. Indigene, thanks so much for visiting my blog…You captured one of my favorite wonders of nature…How is it I can’t get anything to grow in the garden I till, sow, weed, fertilize and water, but the most beautiful wildflowers pop up in the cracks of our sidewalk!? There are days when I feel like giving up and just growing clover…Nature knows best, so often!

Comment by Deb — January 31, 2009 @ 6:10 pm

7. No Sistah, you got it right he he he he! I just love this. It’s filled with such insight and wisdom. This is why I love your blog! Great job!!!!

Comment by vanessa newton — January 31, 2009 @ 6:22 pm

8. Very nice!

Comment by NMIlluminati — January 31, 2009 @ 7:05 pm

9. this cool but your work sure isn’t flawed! great job

Comment by cartuneman...John — January 31, 2009 @ 8:03 pm

10. What a fantastic twist on flawed! Too bad we humans create so much flaws on the earth, eh? Well, your illustration is just perfect. Really gets the message across. I have a lot of trouble getting what’s up in my head down on paper, too. And often, my mind’s eye needs glasses.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — January 31, 2009 @ 8:48 pm

11. Hi Indigine, I agree with you. I’ve been struggling lately with acrylics and putting into canvas what I have in mind. It’s so difficult and frustrating sometimes. Good read and a perfect illustration to come with the thought. :)

Comment by Björnik — January 31, 2009 @ 8:49 pm

12. Hey Indigene, I love the contrast between the detail of the background and the foreground. A terrific concept for the topic.

Comment by Glenda — January 31, 2009 @ 9:08 pm

13. I love this heart-warming work and uplifting message! great color contrast

Comment by owl eng — January 31, 2009 @ 10:06 pm

14. ugh, my biggest roadblock is getting what’s in my brain down my arm onto the paper, I aspire to one day be as good at it as you are!

Comment by erin — January 31, 2009 @ 10:19 pm

15. thank you for visiting. goodness, it takes a lot of dedication to do as many IF entries as you have done. your concept for ‘Flawed’ is very good.

Comment by pRiyA — February 1, 2009 @ 1:02 am

16. I am glad to be a part of each other’s journey as an artist. Visiting your blog always makes my day.

and thanks for your warm greetings…brrrgggggggggh it is really cold over here.

Comment by isay — February 1, 2009 @ 6:17 am

17. Great image.

Comment by Tomas — February 1, 2009 @ 6:43 am

18. Thank you for visiting. The flowers you painted amidst the cold environment is what we need in the cold.

Comment by Madonna Davidoff — February 1, 2009 @ 7:31 am

19. Wonderful concept!!! I think you pretty much get it right every time you make art Indigene. You have a lot of fans!!

Comment by studio lolo — February 1, 2009 @ 11:06 am

20. Love the concept.really really nice.

Comment by Jasjyot Singh Hans — February 1, 2009 @ 11:57 am

21. I can relate to what you said about never really being able to faithfully recreate the ideas in your head :)

I live in the crazy crowded city of Manila so seeing some pretty flowers growing from the sidewalk cracks always makes me smile ;)

Keep up the good work!

Comment by Atsibatsi — February 1, 2009 @ 4:45 pm

22. I love your monotone colour background vs the colourful flower bites here.
    So much can be traced from here:)
    Indeed a beautiful journey of making art:)
    Keep it up!

Comment by yoon see — February 1, 2009 @ 11:09 pm

23. this is incredibly beautiful – such a powerful image and words too – I love this:-)

Comment by linda sarah goldman — February 2, 2009 @ 5:18 am

24. lovely drawing ..colours shooting up from the dull background..

Comment by Pea — February 2, 2009 @ 10:18 am

25. Love the illo and the concept

Comment by theartofpuro — February 2, 2009 @ 11:04 am

26. my favorite sidewalks are those with cracks…and little green plants coming up through.

one of the houses where tom and i lived had a very broken sidewalk…with pieces missing…i deliberately planted viola and alyssum in the cracks and in the spaces…

cracks soften a face…i love wrinkles (even my own.) i never trust a person without crows feet and laugh lines…and freshly formed sidewalks are too boring to visit.

i think even for new places…a smart architect would design sidewalks that look already-visited…already walked…with cracks and full breaks…for passing seeds to settle and grow.

Comment by catnapping — February 2, 2009 @ 12:10 pm

27. This is a creative piece you have put together. nice work.

Comment by gai — February 3, 2009 @ 1:18 am

28. Yes! Flowers breaking through in spring are such a mood-lifter. But sometimes I feel sorry for the asfalth, too… yes, I know, I’m so soft it’s embarrassing :p Anyhow, for what it’s worth, I think your ideas are always strong and beautiful even though they might not be quite as you’d imagined them yourself. :)
    …what will happen the day one does make it perfect? Hopefully do it again. ;)

Comment by Nancy — February 3, 2009 @ 5:08 am

29. Beautiful, powerful piece! I can *feel* both of the contrasting moods you created here. : )

Comment by nicola — February 3, 2009 @ 9:12 am

30. Hi, INdigene, you have alñways such a sensitive and clever ideas! I love what you say, try to communicate! thats why we draw, trying to capture life! Lovely!

Comment by cati — February 3, 2009 @ 9:30 am

31. beautiful…

Comment by kathy hare — February 3, 2009 @ 4:19 pm

32. Lovely image and beautiful quote.
    All around very nice indeed.

Comment by Jennifer H — February 3, 2009 @ 5:45 pm

33. “Someday, everything is gonna be different
    When I paint my masterpiece.”
    catnapping- is right. some flaws are too sweet to let go of.
    best of luck!

Comment by monk sp. — February 3, 2009 @ 10:18 pm

34. this is wonderful – i love anything that shows resilience of life forms – i think the pavement here is flawed and not the flowers!

Comment by adrienne — February 3, 2009 @ 10:20 pm

35. Beautiful illustration and inspiring words. Your work is so uplifting!

Comment by Eric Barclay — February 3, 2009 @ 11:00 pm

36. what a great take on the subject!
    great work , love your message!

Comment by zari — February 4, 2009 @ 7:28 am

37. lovely piece – the color of the flowers just pops right out they are so small and so refreshing

Comment by Amy C — February 4, 2009 @ 8:27 am

38. Fascinating, Indigene! Take care, JOhn

Comment by JOhn York — February 4, 2009 @ 9:20 am

39. But then I think that the artist is in the “trying”, not in “the getting it right” because if you did get it “right”, what else would there be to do?! So, keep “trying” and we’ll all enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Comment by Shani — February 4, 2009 @ 1:19 pm

40. Great contrast of colors! very cool.

Comment by dot — February 5, 2009 @ 2:02 pm

41. there is perfection in the process…this is a powerful image…i love it!

Comment by rachael — February 5, 2009 @ 10:26 pm

42. Always a great pleasure reading your posts. Image transfer from imagination and memories is tricky, once there is artistic interpretation going one, some space for maneuvers should be allowed. Love your piece.

Comment by Yulia — February 7, 2009 @ 2:50 pm