Celebrate – IF

Celebrate to me always involves music. I mean really for me, a celebration without a song, a lyric, music, a ditty…well it just is not a celebration! So for this week, in honor of love, take the one you love, put on a tune that you can hum together, dance together or look at one another to and celebrate, because love is always a cause for celebration.

So here I’ve provided the instruments, the singer and a microphone, now all you have to do is improvise…celebrate!

Love, Happiness and Peace to you all!

1. Beautiful illo, yes, I love music, so can see a celebration with no music.!!

Thanks for your visit in my blog and nice comment.
    Ale

Comment by ale balanzario — February 16, 2009 @ 8:05 pm

2. You can almost hear Nina Simone singing through this piece.

Comment by Rob Smith, Jr. — February 16, 2009 @ 11:28 pm

3. Thank you for your welcoming to IF. I am always interested in works of other artists. It’s always, in my point of view, very enriching and give me a lot to think.
    Thus said, I scrolled down your blog and discovered your multiple talents, your sense of colors, your humour and your texts…
    Smiles

Comment by artglehen — February 17, 2009 @ 3:08 am

4. Superb take in this prompt. You said it – music is celebration on many levels. Love the colors in this. Thanks!

Comment by get zapped — February 17, 2009 @ 12:27 pm

5. As always you’ve captured the essense perfectly. Music, indeed!

Comment by cassyfatnastee — February 17, 2009 @ 3:26 pm

6. I like your composition and colors, beautiful piece!
    Yub! Let’s sing together, if you don’t mind my horrible voice! ^.^

Comment by julia — February 17, 2009 @ 4:49 pm

7. Jazzy. So eloquent and fine.

Comment by Marie-Hélène — February 17, 2009 @ 5:29 pm

8. I like the curve of the piano keys and her full, red lips.

Comment by Emily — February 17, 2009 @ 6:13 pm

9. She is well and contented, I love all the bites you set for this celebrating theme:)

Comment by yoon see — February 17, 2009 @ 7:02 pm

10. You are too good!
    Love this piece, can feel the rhythm and heartfelt swing :-)
    Have a great week!

Comment by Flying Colors — February 17, 2009 @ 10:40 pm

11. lovely montage of celebratory things :) nice colours and composition, you are right celebrations are often associated with music :) I couldn’t get that Celebration song out of my head!

Comment by Shannon Melville — February 18, 2009 @ 9:48 am

12. Beautiful work- idea & “composition”!- I agree with the sentiment

Comment by AndyDoodler — February 18, 2009 @ 10:40 am

13. Now this is a piece that moves and makes you want to celebrate!

Comment by Shani — February 18, 2009 @ 2:34 pm

14. You’re absolutely right- celebrating and music go hand in hand for sure! great illustration :-)

Comment by Annette Q — February 18, 2009 @ 5:27 pm

15. wonderful montage… and over here in the left column -> how cool is that gallery collection!

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — February 18, 2009 @ 5:41 pm

16. You have captured the essence of the theme. A celebration is never complete without music.

Comment by Pea — February 19, 2009 @ 2:50 am

17. the flow and composition of this piece is wonderful! nice job.

Comment by candace trew camling — February 19, 2009 @ 3:33 am

18. I love music and there is no clebration without it,you did a great work

Comment by theartofpuro — February 19, 2009 @ 11:13 am

19. What a fun piece! Great concept!

Comment by Nessa Dee — February 19, 2009 @ 1:08 pm

20. wonderful warm and vivid illustration!

Comment by vfm4 — February 19, 2009 @ 2:06 pm

21. Hey girly, I know how it with posting. It’s hard and I really have no time to do this. I just have so much artwork saved up from other projects that I can post at least twice a week. It’s still not easy with a hungry husband and a daughter who says,”I’m so bored mommy!” It’s a wonder if I get the chance to go the ladies room by myself. You are doing VERY well as far as I can see I’m your 70th person! You’ve been very busy he he he!!!

Comment by vanessa newton — February 19, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

22. makes me wanna listen to some dixie land or rag time. great bold colors and love ur piano

Comment by michael dailey — February 19, 2009 @ 5:51 pm

23. Ok, I take back what I said a couple weeks ago… THIS is my new favorite by you!! Oh heck, you’re always doing great stuff!

Comment by sketched out — February 20, 2009 @ 1:43 am