Intricate – IF

Lately, I’ve been working out some dream issues, which to me represent the most intricate designs of the mind.

Most days, I’m not sure what my dreams mean…hmmm…maybe they mean, I’m just anxious for Spring, or bracing myself for more of Winter, or missing that hour I lost for daylight saving time or …there’s always the off chance it could be just indigestion! :) lol!

I’m just spending time trying to figure out the intricacies of what they mean…how about you? Dream any good intricate ones lately? I’ll meet you in the dream world. Peace

1. indigene, this is beautiful illo-world! u always make deep, wise and amazing works!
    ;]

Comment by sandra — March 10, 2009 @ 8:24 pm

2. dreams can be complicateted and intricate and i love to understand them i just wish i could remember them more often. this morning my husband tried to wake me up and i said i was in a meeting. I think your visual interpretation is great.!!!

Comment by linda — March 10, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

3. i don’t remember my dreams the way i used to. some were very vivid. in fact, i can still remember dreams from my teen years…

but since my husband died, i get the sense that i’ve dreamed about something, but i can’t bring it forward.

there is one couple of days that are an exception. i’d purchased season 2 of “bones,” and for two nights in a row, i dreamt of my husband…and remembered him when i woke.

Comment by catnapping — March 10, 2009 @ 9:07 pm

4. You’re right. Dreams are most of the time (at least the ones I remember) very intricate. Beautiful painting.

Comment by dorit — March 10, 2009 @ 11:36 pm

5. Lovely image and interpretation. While I was drawing mine I hit a moment where I recalled dreaming of drawing it. Intricate, and bewildering….

Comment by denise — March 11, 2009 @ 1:44 am

6. This just screams fun and spring if you ask me! I adore the colors you used. They are so spring like. You are dreaming of spring and change. This is evident in your illustration. Great play on Intricate! I’ve had dreams like this one! They stick with you for a while too. You go Diva! Capturing spring on paper!!! I’m right there with ya! he he he!!!!

Comment by vanessa newton — March 11, 2009 @ 6:07 am

7. I like your concept. Beautiful colors, too!

Comment by Vicki Smith — March 11, 2009 @ 6:23 am

8. I love the colours! it reminds me of Gustav Klimt! and of course, very spring!

Comment by cati — March 11, 2009 @ 7:30 am

9. Very cool indeed! I can totally relate to what you wrote about your dreams. We’re still waiting for our daylight savings time over here.

Comment by Marg — March 11, 2009 @ 7:31 am

10. Wonderful dream piece! I love the pinks and the bright colors. Do you dream of polar bears? But of course! I don’t remember many of my dreams, but I wish I did. Once in a blue moon I’ll dream of something incredibly romantic and then wake up in the middle. No matter how hard I try, I can never get back to it. Darn.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — March 11, 2009 @ 8:49 am

11. Oooh very cool piece. Your stuff is always so rich and deep! I love it! Keep up the good work, lady!! :)

Comment by Michelle Henninger — March 11, 2009 @ 9:12 am

12. This is beautiful. It seems that there could be all sorts of intricate meanings. And thanks for having it be so big when you click on it, I don’t think you can completely appreciate the power of the images at the smaller size.

Comment by Jennifer — March 11, 2009 @ 10:07 am

13. Beauuuuutiful Colors! All I can say is that you are dreaming happy by this color palette, connected to nature, animals… tree trunk – stability, loyalty.
    Love the textures, patterns and flow….

Number 5 (numerology) is the most flexible of all numbers.
    In some cultures there are five cardinal directions, including the center.

Also you look beautiful and radiant, it’s a good situation / dream :)

Comment by Lisa Rivas — March 11, 2009 @ 12:19 pm

14. I wish my dreams were made of these gorgeous colors. Lovely work

Comment by jo — March 11, 2009 @ 1:57 pm

15. vERY BEAUTIFUL AND FILLED WITH sYMBOLS. i LOVE YOUR COLOURS TOO, SEE YOU IN YOUR DREAMS :)

Comment by valgalart — March 11, 2009 @ 11:31 pm

16. a wonderfully surreal image..

Comment by kathy hare — March 12, 2009 @ 3:42 am

17. Lovely image in glorious colour! Must be good to dream with such vibrant colours going on!

Comment by Caroline Soer — March 12, 2009 @ 4:12 am

18. just the other night, i had a nightmare about having missed enlisting in one subject. and the class has been going on for almost 4months then. i woke up and something told me that i should get back to the dream and resolve it. when i fully awoke, i realized that it has been 5yrs since i graduated in college! i just hate those kind of dreas. i’ve talked too much.

when i opened your site, i’ve been preparing myself to be awestruck by your art. And you didn’t fail me. great illo and fantastic colors. still smiling as i type through. take care indigene!

Comment by bjornik — March 12, 2009 @ 8:05 am

19. my dreams are never as colourful and interesting as this. Wonderful illustration

Comment by cobol — March 12, 2009 @ 10:00 am

20. Surreal,like dreams are!

Comment by Snezana — March 12, 2009 @ 10:14 am

21. Thanks for your lovely comment Indigene.
    Sorry to be a little late. I was and still very busy until next week, these few weeks are the exam weeks for different students.
    It’s great to see you discuss your dreams here. Your colourful painting with beautiful colour on the curtain & some powerful intricated patterned flowing objects are so fine tune. Very appropriate for this week IF challenge. Congrats Indigene, you always practise your creativity and let it flow on your artworks.
    I hope that you will continue to record all your dreams thru painting:)
    Good luck!

Comment by yoon see — March 12, 2009 @ 10:25 am

22. Hurrah for dreams! They’re the only thing that makes those long Winter nights tolerable. Well, maybe there are a FEW other things….

Spring will be here soon! Meanwhile keep having those beautiful, colorful dreams!

By the way, I find that if I write down my dreams & reread them a week or so later, I have amazing insights about what they were about. I’m convinced that dreams operate well ahead of our conscious minds– or at least mine.

Comment by curious art — March 12, 2009 @ 8:36 pm

23. I draw my strong dreams too. It really helps doesn’t it?

Comment by AscenderRisesAboveas — March 13, 2009 @ 12:08 am

24. Hi Indigene, I really like this one, it conjures up dreams very well for me, i think it is the composition and the colours and the techniques, you seem very in tune with that part of your life. Do you interpret your dreams too? I don’t remember too many dreams but every now and then i do, i think you are meant to remember them more when you are in light sleep. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

Comment by Shannon Melville — March 13, 2009 @ 10:29 am

25. Hi Indigene! I’m a week late but your art still looks great! Have a wonderful weekend!- JOhn

Comment by JOhn York — March 13, 2009 @ 12:08 pm

26. beautiful! i guess most of your dreams were colorful! have you dreamt in black and white? as for me, i really dream a lot but i guess some of them were solved in reality-those that i remembered because it kept coming back. nowadays, i have been having nightmares and i am glad i don’t remember them.

Comment by isay — March 14, 2009 @ 11:12 am

27. very beautiful idea and art! i love her big green tush :)

Comment by valgalart — March 19, 2009 @ 1:13 pm