Legendary – IF

One of the most “legendary” stories of all time is the story of Adam and Eve. It has launched many debates in many religious quarters and gender arguments that still go on today. Is it true or is it another creation story tradition? I’m not here to answer that question or to strike a debate in this area.

No matter what, the truth is, there are many of us who are a partner in a couple relationship that have felt, “we only have each other.” In these times, there are many that are being cast out of their homes, whether or not it is their own fault, it is still a very scary situation and that’s the thought behind this imagery, what it is like to be cast out of a life/home/relationship that you’ve always known and/or trusted.

But back to the legendary “Eve” and in that legendary  line of Joan Rivers (the comedienne), I’d like to ask Eve and or Adam, “Can we talk?”

I’d imagine, there are quite few folks that would stand in line to ask them both a lot of questions…:)

No matter from what perspective/tradition you come from, we all have a creation story/theme…but for today, create your own story, a picture, a dance, a word…create your own legend. Happy week, Peace.

P.S. This is one of two images I submitted for my second IF, over a year ago. I offered a survey of two images back then…check it out if you’re so inclined…Survey

1. Indigine,
    I like your style very much. This piece has incredible power of composition, theme, and color. I like that the woman’s body is green, Eve as the eternal earth mother. This painting reminds me somewhat of Paul Gaugin. I look forward to seeing much moreof your work.

Alberta

Comment by Alberta — March 15, 2009 @ 2:53 pm

2. I like your personal perspective here, and the piece is very beautiful, full of life and energy.

Comment by steve — March 15, 2009 @ 4:56 pm

3. i find it fascinating to find that you have done a version of the Adam and Eve story. I’ve begun a huge painting on the same theme as well and i am taking it very slowly to create. i love the fact that you have a green Eve with a mother of earth reference as mentioned above by alberta being held in the arms of a fiery, burning. the references with the color and technique you use… beautiful. thank you for putting this image here. :-)

Comment by palma tayona — March 15, 2009 @ 8:32 pm

4. I like the story of Adam and Eve so much!And your painting is really wonderful :)

Comment by flower girl — March 15, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

5. This is a very powerful piece. The colors stand out and the contrast is very striking. I also love the concepts you put in here Indigene. Wish to see more of this.:)

Comment by bjornik — March 15, 2009 @ 11:03 pm

6. this is beautiful. I have missed the chance to come and view. enjoyed some late viewing.

Comment by gai — March 15, 2009 @ 11:41 pm

7. I also choosed the Eve legend…but with a different twist and thought. Love your piece here. And love your style.

Comment by ria nirwana — March 16, 2009 @ 2:07 am

8. Powerful colors. Nice work.

Comment by Tomás — March 16, 2009 @ 3:25 am

9. Lots of emotion in this painting! Love it! Thank you for the nice comments on my blog!

Comment by DEB — March 16, 2009 @ 5:48 am

10. I love this powerful piece! I think that living with 100% love is a great ideal — love for others, & love for oneself. Thanks for making me think. :)

Comment by Michelle Henninger — March 16, 2009 @ 6:27 am

11. Beautiful take and really feel the courage:)
    Love is the key.

Comment by yoon see — March 16, 2009 @ 6:36 am

12. Great use of brushstrokes and colour – a very strong and thought-provoking image.

Comment by Caroline Soer — March 16, 2009 @ 7:56 am

13. Impressive : earth and fire…

Comment by Marie-Hélène — March 16, 2009 @ 9:01 am

14. Such a solid woman! I get so tired of images of waifs. Eve would be a REAL woman! Nice painting! (and I like what you have to say about them and the nature of relationships too).

Comment by TMartin — March 16, 2009 @ 9:14 am

15. Beautiful embrace,so passionate!

Comment by Snezana — March 16, 2009 @ 9:44 am

16. this reminded me very much of a illustration I did when I was in highschool; we created our own cook books and I drew on the dividers between each chapter. (hahaha – now I look back and wonder what the teacher thinks. My girls saw it one day and that they were: mommmmmm??ewww?mom!

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — March 16, 2009 @ 12:35 pm

17. What a very sensuous, vibrant piece of work – love it!

Comment by Cathy — March 16, 2009 @ 3:59 pm

18. hahaha!! unbelieve! I just choose the same subjet before seen your!! hahaha…well your is much “hot” and stronger! i like it! ;-))

Comment by cati — March 16, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

19. Love your take on this theme.. I love the colours – vibrant and beautiful !

Comment by Pea — March 17, 2009 @ 5:27 am

20. Great take on the theme!

Comment by rozf@charter.net — March 17, 2009 @ 9:28 am

21. The green Eve really sinks in to the orange Adam and makes his arms really pop forward, but when I read that this is “Adam and Eve,” the green makes me think of Eve as the serpent right away (um, maybe cause the serpent was always green on the statues of the virgin-with-one-foot-on-the-serpent I always saw as a kid).

Comment by Christopher Davis — March 17, 2009 @ 7:54 pm

22. very strong piece..

Comment by enigma — March 17, 2009 @ 8:42 pm

23. Beautiful piece with beautiful thoughts!

Comment by Deborah — March 17, 2009 @ 9:59 pm

24. You are always very thoughtful with your words. It is quite scary when people get into relationships when their partner is all they have and depend on in life. I like all the texture in your paint application. Without reading your text though i tend to agree with more of what Chris said above, Eve made me think of jealousy / envy / the tempter. Still very powerful though. :)

Comment by Shannon Melville — March 18, 2009 @ 4:03 am

25. Great :)
    Best Wishes,
    Issi

Comment by Issi — March 18, 2009 @ 8:31 am

26. This illustration has a vivid colors and like the way you approach the topic. Thanks for dropping by and give me comment. Thank you.

Comment by timafli — March 18, 2009 @ 10:03 am

27. Another lovely piece, like your take on the subject and your sense of color.

Comment by jo — March 18, 2009 @ 10:41 am

28. There is something very compelling about that painting.

PS. I love that Eve is that gorgeous color of green.

Comment by Tashai — March 18, 2009 @ 2:31 pm

29. Like your take on the theme, intense and colorful :)

Comment by justdoodleit — March 18, 2009 @ 9:29 pm

30. Great use of color…very bold and intense! Lovely work.

Comment by Faeorain — March 19, 2009 @ 1:54 am

31. Really cool style, colors and molding of the shapes

Comment by Frank Hansen — March 19, 2009 @ 8:41 am

32. Nice Fauvist quality and a great painterly style!

Thanks for the comments!

Comment by Nessa Dee — March 19, 2009 @ 10:03 am

33. This is a fabulous image. I love the way your colors and lines create emotion.

Comment by Heather — March 19, 2009 @ 3:21 pm

34. Wow! What a beautifully, powerful bold image! The colors just pop and have so much energy! Really quite stunning… and, as usual, a very thoughtful post to accompany it!

Comment by sketched out — March 19, 2009 @ 6:07 pm

35. Oh, Indigene, this is beautiful. That is a real tight and meaningful embrace. I love the powerful strokes and the colors you chose.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — March 19, 2009 @ 8:37 pm

36. Such a beautiful, powerful image. Love the colors!

Comment by Eric Barclay — March 19, 2009 @ 8:55 pm

37. Wonderful painting with lots of color and emotion! Very unique take on the theme and a great post as always!

Comment by Edrian Thomidis — March 20, 2009 @ 8:01 am

38. oh and i missed this one too, wonderful.

Comment by soulbrush — March 21, 2009 @ 11:03 am

39. hey I LIKE this.
    thanks for the comment on my ‘subtract’ entry.
    btw…the picture is of a ‘he’…lol.its supposed to be me.

Comment by Jasjyot Singh Hans — March 21, 2009 @ 3:00 pm