Crave – IF

This is the first thought I had when I read the prompt for this week. I do not have time to add color, but I think the general idea is there and I needed a gentle way back.

When I was a new Mom, I often wondered who’s craving was bigger? Mine to give milk or my babies to receive. I think it was a mutuality that turned to love.

It brings a whole new meaning to the question, Is it better to give or receive?

I’m happy to be back after a much needed break!

Peace to you all as you give and receive this week.

1. Lovely concept and image!

Comment by ann marie — June 9, 2009 @ 11:20 pm

2. A very touching image.

Comment by Madonna Davidoff — June 10, 2009 @ 11:45 am

3. Welcome back,the illo is lovely and the idea so clever

Comment by theartofpuro — June 10, 2009 @ 12:33 pm

4. Welcome back Indigene! So happy to see you blogging again. I too have a craving for your art and thought provoking posts. I really this one, the concept and the illustation.

Comment by bjornik — June 10, 2009 @ 8:17 pm

5. Hi Indigene!!! welcome back and I love your take on the theme….

Hugs
    Diana

Comment by Diana Evans — June 10, 2009 @ 9:45 pm

6. I daresay the baby needs the milk more than the mother needs to give it. I loved nursing my babies. I wonder if I have any nursing drawings…. This one is lovely.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It’s been mighty silent.

Comment by TMartin — June 10, 2009 @ 11:14 pm

7. I daresay the baby needs the milk more than the mother needs to give it. I loved nursing my babies. I wonder if I have any nursing drawings…. This one is lovely.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It’s been mighty silent over there…..

Comment by TMartin — June 10, 2009 @ 11:15 pm

8. Love it!!! this is definitely a beautiful craving for nursing which is our instinct..

Comment by owl eng — June 11, 2009 @ 2:57 am

9. Hello, Hi, Bonjour, and all that stuff!!! BOY HAVE I MISSED YOU LADY!!!!! YAYYYYYY! YIPPY!!!!!! It was such a welcome surprise to see your comment on the blog. I hope and pray that all is well with you and yours. I know that sometimes you have to take care of business that’s just life and life happens all the time. I have missed you, but you have been on mind and in my thoughts. I just love this picture. It so reminds me of when Zoe was a baby and I was trying to breast feed her. She was so very tiny and she wasn’t latching. A very good friend came over a couple of weeks later and took time and showed me how and I agree, What a fantastic gift!!!! Zoe nursed without a problem. It was so very special. Just like this fabulous sketch. YOU TOUCHED MY HEART SWEET LADY!

Comment by vanessa newton — June 11, 2009 @ 4:28 am

10. lovely idea Indigene, simple pencil sketches are great. Sorry to hear you have been through a rough time. I haven’t been on here for quite some time either. Take care and I hope that your art is helping heal your pain x

Comment by Shannon Melville — June 11, 2009 @ 6:09 am

11. Hi Indigene – I hope things are healing for you, and that life gets brighter.

This is a really intimate image, really touching. And as for the question about giving/receiving, I’ve always liked the statement ‘It is only in giving that we receive’ …

Comment by Cathy — June 11, 2009 @ 11:35 am

12. I always love your perspective on the theme and this is no exception! Meaningful and loving :) I hope to see the finished image at some poingt and happy you have returned anew!

Comment by valgalart — June 11, 2009 @ 6:25 pm

13. Welcome back Indigene!
    You are away for so long, I really love to see you back in action again.
    This is a very strong piece conveying the love of a mother to her child and the child is craving for milk.
    Very well expressed:)
    Have a wonderful weekends dear Indigene!
    Bye!

Comment by yoon see — June 11, 2009 @ 9:46 pm

14. Mmm, such a warm and lovely image. giving is definitely as important as recieving, and easier to do sometimes. Welcome back, Indigene, you’ve been missed. :)

Comment by Nancy — June 12, 2009 @ 8:32 am

15. This kiss is heartfelt! Lovely.

Comment by Art Fan Ako — June 12, 2009 @ 9:24 am

16. So sweet and tender!

Comment by Snezana — June 12, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

17. what a beautiful sight.

Comment by soulbrush — June 14, 2009 @ 5:39 am

18. Hi Indigene,
    Thank you for this image. I am currently nursing a 1yo and am starting to feel the bittersweet anticipation of weaning during the next year or so. How wonderful that you could capture a view that is often only the mother’s. Your baby looks enraptured. Well done! =)
    Jenn.