Unfold – IF

“As life unfolds, there will be times you will get played.”

So many images unfolded in my mind, when I saw this week’s Illustration Friday prompt, but with so little time and simple materials at hand, I decided that sometimes simplicity says it best.

As always, I leave you with the seeds, you provide the interpretation.

Peace to you in this life of chaotic music!

1. I love that there is a woman singing as the accordion unfolds. That is so creative!

Comment by Kris Fulk — June 16, 2009 @ 12:35 am

2. Thank you for your comments on mine. I had difficulty with such an easy word. Love yours. It really hits home for me. Grew up quite over protected. Learned a lot through trial and error as an adult. Really nicely illustrated.

Comment by Kat — June 16, 2009 @ 5:07 am

3. Oh! An accordion. In all my accordion pictures (I think I’ve done five so far) it never occured to me to think of some “being played.” Interesting interpretation. This woman looks trapped, like she wants to be the music out in the air, not stuck in the bellows. Nice accordion…it makes me think I’ve been trying to put too much detail in mine.

Comment by TMartin — June 16, 2009 @ 9:33 am

4. indigene, welcome back! i really love the “getting played” line — is it yours? a perfect metaphor for unfold.

Comment by lisa mertins — June 16, 2009 @ 10:15 am

5. Perfect illustration for the theme- what women doesn’t on occasion fill like she is in the middle of an accordian, being squeezed!!

Comment by Julia Kelly — June 16, 2009 @ 10:38 am

6. WOW! Incredible idea and it looks so grand too. The whole idea of this and the way you made it is inspired!!!

Comment by valgalart — June 16, 2009 @ 11:15 am

7. Nice take on the theme.

Yes, sometimes I have to remind myself of the old song “Everybody plays the fool”.

Comment by Susan — June 16, 2009 @ 11:57 am

8. Very suggestive image!

Comment by Nicole — June 16, 2009 @ 12:23 pm

9. you are brilliant lady, brilliant. Now why didn’t I think of that. oh because you got the idea first hee hee hee! this is so wonderful. INCREDIBLE!!!! YOU ALWAYS BRING IT!

Comment by vanessa newton — June 16, 2009 @ 1:07 pm

10. You’re absolutely right! Sometimes simplicity does say it best and this is so true in your case! This illustration is just delightful- a great take on this weeks topic

Comment by Annette Q — June 16, 2009 @ 2:38 pm

11. Wonderful interpretation. I love how you chose an accordian for unfold and being played. The woman’s expression is just great.

Comment by Heather — June 16, 2009 @ 3:02 pm

12. Love it! My dad used to play the accordian. We are Polish….I think he had to.

Comment by DEB — June 16, 2009 @ 4:33 pm

13. this is so true Indigene on so many levels – i love this!!

Comment by adrienne — June 16, 2009 @ 4:38 pm

14. I am glad to see you back, Indigene!
    As always, your interpretations makes me think…
    clever idea!

Comment by cati — June 16, 2009 @ 5:03 pm

15. What a great concept! I’ve always appreciated accordians, they’re such cool instruments!

Comment by Wicky Woo — June 16, 2009 @ 5:48 pm

16. creative take on this week IF’s theme!! love the face and the accordian… it ‘s musically and rhythmatically unfolded!

Comment by owl eng — June 16, 2009 @ 6:35 pm

17. now I have Lady of Spain stuck in my head.

Comment by erin — June 16, 2009 @ 7:25 pm

18. I also like the simplicity here. I almost hear the chaotic sounds of the woman and the accordion mixed together.. Great job!

Comment by Maarit — June 16, 2009 @ 7:55 pm

19. Good to see you back… and in good form as usual! Great idea for the theme!

Comment by sketched out — June 16, 2009 @ 8:15 pm

20. Wonderful idea and interpretation of the theme. Nice work.

Comment by Scott — June 16, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

21. Love it!! Reminds me of that Who song… Mama’s got a squeezebox!
    And getting played… oh yeah.

Comment by Liz Jones — June 16, 2009 @ 9:33 pm

22. very much got a kick out of this one. reminds me of meeting my cousin when I was little; both she and her sister played the accordian.

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — June 16, 2009 @ 10:33 pm

23. Nice concept for UNFOLD. Liked the use of accordion. Can feel the pain of that lady. Lovely style. Thanks for visiting my blog. Cheers!!!!!!!

Comment by Vikram — June 16, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

24. Great idea! I love it!

Comment by Loni Edwards — June 17, 2009 @ 12:25 am

25. I like your interpretation. An idea full of wit and wisdom as well.

Comment by Mary Jane — June 17, 2009 @ 12:53 am

26. I love this!! The accordion entered my mind also as I was thinking of this prompt. I learned to play it when I was a child. I like how you combined the two images. Nicely done!

Comment by ann marie — June 17, 2009 @ 9:14 am

27. This is such a great idea – a really great response to the topic!

Comment by Joanna McMullan — June 17, 2009 @ 3:55 pm

28. fantastic piece and such an insightful interpretation

Comment by Amy C — June 17, 2009 @ 9:12 pm

29. great concept! you just don’t see enough accordions in art these days…

Comment by zainah — June 17, 2009 @ 9:17 pm

30. Great illustration and concept.
    Music is another great way to balance off our hectic lifestyle.
    thanks for sharing the beauty of a precious instrument.
    Indigene, happy days!

Comment by yoon see — June 17, 2009 @ 11:05 pm

31. Very nice interpretation, humorous and soulful! I also enjoy the introspective.

Comment by Jason — June 17, 2009 @ 11:22 pm

32. Great take on unfold, I love the idea of the music unfolding. Well done. Lovely image.

Comment by Zeldazap — June 18, 2009 @ 10:02 am

33. As usual, I love your interpretation of the theme Unfolding. Your words are always uplifting as well. What a beautiful image, Indigene!

Comment by Maria Madonna Davidoff — June 18, 2009 @ 11:55 am

34. o wow i love this! i love the graphic style its great!!

Comment by rachael gardiner — June 18, 2009 @ 12:47 pm

35. hahaha! i love the expression on her face but i’ll laugh my ass off if i see and hear anyone immitating the sound of an accordion.:)

Comment by bjornik — June 18, 2009 @ 6:51 pm

36. seems we had similar ideas about the topic ;-) your illo leaves a lot of space for interpretation into any direction :-)

Comment by ellis.illus — June 19, 2009 @ 6:23 am

37. very insightful and creative :)
    teri

Comment by teri — June 20, 2009 @ 9:18 am

38. and as always your simplicity lead to full immersion in the topic. great.

Comment by soulbrush — June 21, 2009 @ 11:20 am

39. Thats a great idea.
    And it would work really well as a sailor tattoo

Comment by Erik Petri — July 1, 2009 @ 4:32 am