Shaky – IF

Shaky = tending to shake or tremble; liable to break down or give way.

Two weeks in a row, the IF prompt has hit home! Ahhh…the irony, of it all.

Right now, with limited time and very blocked artistic ability, I thought of the epitome of shakiness… blocks. The precariousness of them, much like life! The joy of playing with blocks and the scariness of them falling over. Child’s play is often a metaphor for life.

This week, let’s play, because life is shaky enough. Peace.

1. how true!!! hope your creative juices return soon :)

Comment by valgalart — July 5, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

2. You deserve credit for putting this handsome illustration together with everything that’s going on.

Comment by Susan — July 5, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

3. Happy days, I hope you are feeling great.
    I don’t see you have artistic block, I am most encourage by you dear indigene, still remianed so positive in limited time to paint and create…….that’s why making the little time out for creations is such a big credit for you!
    I love your this approach for this piece.
    The concept is great and we all love to play along too, life is shaky, challenging because that’s how interesting life should be. Thanks for sharing the joy of this game:)

Comment by yoon see — July 5, 2009 @ 5:44 pm

4. Interesting that you used blocks while feeling blocked! Very clever interpretation of the prompt, too! Maybe you’re not as blocked as you think. :)

Comment by ann marie — July 5, 2009 @ 9:15 pm

5. Wow, this is such a clever illustration. Hope you are able to get out of the block. Many Hugs xoxo.

Comment by Surabhi — July 5, 2009 @ 9:28 pm

6. Great illustration for the theme this week!!! I can relate to having a lot going on lately and feeling a little blocked. Luckily though I found my art this week was a great escape for me while there were other difficult things going on. Hang in there!!

Comment by Nicola Toms — July 5, 2009 @ 9:52 pm

7. Very clever take on the subject. Turning a negative into a posotive. Kudos to you Indigene. Hey thanks for stopping by!

Comment by jack foster — July 5, 2009 @ 10:17 pm

8. Great idea for the prompt. It’s so hard when you feel blocked… Be Well.

Comment by jennifer — July 5, 2009 @ 10:28 pm

9. This illo is really cool!! I was looking at some blocks over the weekend for when baby arrives :)

Anyway… love your take on the topic! It’s brilliant!

Thanks for stopping by again and I think there might be a problem with my comment box ;)

Comment by yati davies — July 6, 2009 @ 2:01 am

10. Although I could not understand the meaning of this drawing 100% :p, I still like it very much! Nice line work!

Comment by Dream Painter — July 6, 2009 @ 5:58 am

11. but the question is… what does S-I-S stand for? you can’t place something symbolically as powerful as letters within a piece and not have a story behind them… especially since there are only three of them. very upfront and in the viewer’s face. “Shaky Sister”?

Comment by zillustration — July 6, 2009 @ 6:17 am

12. i like these blocks. great line work. i am also experiencing the same thing and i still try to paint and end up not liking them…..

best regards.

Comment by isay — July 6, 2009 @ 9:45 am

13. Nice work, they do look like they’re about to topple. I wondered what S-I-S snads for too :) Even if you are feeling blocked, good for you for pushing through and getting an illustration out there.

Comment by Chai — July 6, 2009 @ 1:17 pm

14. Life is shaky! I love the blocks idea, I remember stacking them too high and watching them tumble around me!

Comment by Nothinglikeit — July 6, 2009 @ 2:27 pm

15. True! True!

Comment by donna pellegata — July 6, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

16. Great expression in art and words. Hope things are going better for you.

Comment by Momo — July 6, 2009 @ 6:28 pm

17. Great interpretation. I love how your blocks look ready to topple any moment.

Comment by Heather — July 6, 2009 @ 8:22 pm

18. Very original! Keep forging on!

Comment by Caroline Soer — July 7, 2009 @ 1:57 am

19. such a true sentiment, and a fitting image of blocks about to tumble! at least they are pretty blocks no matter what happens to them :)

Comment by zainah — July 7, 2009 @ 2:01 am

20. Your images for the past two weeks tell your story. Sometimes we have to follow paths we aren’t ready for or accustomed to, but often they lead to bright beautiful meadows.
    This is the time when you need to rest, be with your sister and let peace and clam find you both. In time you will be flooded with images to paint, and words to write that pour out as if they were there all the time, just waiting for the best moment.

Comment by Ginger *:) — July 7, 2009 @ 6:45 am

21. So, so, so very true, indeed. Have a great one and may your creativity return with vigor!

Comment by Cheryl Lynn — July 7, 2009 @ 7:26 am

22. Your artistic ability looks just fine to me, but I understand what you’re saying. This illustration is lovely, and it reminds me of when I was a kid. I must admit though, that my favorite part was knocking the blocks down in a Godzilla sort of way. I hope you break out of your art block soon, and thanks for visiting my blog.

Comment by Anwar — July 7, 2009 @ 10:39 am

23. nice take on the theme and nice drawing as well :)

Comment by enigma — July 7, 2009 @ 10:39 am

24. you and i were on the same wavelink with this one indigene!

Comment by lisa mertins — July 7, 2009 @ 10:49 am

25. I really love the thought that goes into your work. Very nice drawing!

Comment by Eric Barclay — July 7, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

26. your words convey as much of an image as your drawings – life is play and sometimes we need to remember that – even when things appear very unstable. thanks for the reminder.

Comment by cathie — July 7, 2009 @ 7:18 pm

27. Wonderful take on this week’s theme! You are always so kind and generous with your words – thank you for stopping by and hope your creative energy continues to flourish! You are a gem.

Comment by Shirley — July 7, 2009 @ 8:43 pm

28. i agree whole-heartedly – this is a wonderful drawing…and i wonder why it spells “sis”…am intrigued

Comment by adrienne — July 7, 2009 @ 9:18 pm

29. Nice. Is there a particular reason why you spelled SIS?

Comment by Peter Breese — July 7, 2009 @ 9:36 pm

30. Great advice and drawing Indigene!

Comment by steve — July 7, 2009 @ 10:20 pm

31. nice work!

Comment by Christina — July 8, 2009 @ 5:40 am

32. very clever! nice image!

Comment by krisztina maros — July 8, 2009 @ 5:46 am

33. Hi!
    Thanks for stopping by Dabbled and your nice comments on my IF!
    This is a very sweet image… and a great take on the theme!
    dot

Comment by dot — July 8, 2009 @ 7:45 am

34. Nice take on shaky! I love playing with blogs still. Jenga anyone?

Comment by Zeldazap — July 8, 2009 @ 10:18 am

35. Great train of thought and playing with words!

Comment by Connie Martin — July 8, 2009 @ 11:26 am

36. wow, thoughtful! fab!

Comment by Nancy — July 8, 2009 @ 4:10 pm

37. Creativity is like water sometimes it rushes out like a river other times it just a trickle like a stream. Enjoyed reading your words and the pictures u put to them nicely done.

Comment by michael dailey — July 9, 2009 @ 7:55 am

38. Now how deep was that. I just love that you shoot straight from the hip and are willing to share. I know how it is. This is wonderful and very clever as well. You are brilliant my dear friend. Simply creative and brilliant. Sending you a great many hugs and well wishes.

Comment by vanessa newton — July 11, 2009 @ 5:46 am

39. wonderful expressive illo; building blocks – a foundation.

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — July 11, 2009 @ 10:37 am

40. Happy weekends dear Indigene.
    Hope you have a restful time for summer:)
    Happy illustrating, blogging and commenting!
    Bye!

Comment by yoon see — July 11, 2009 @ 6:44 pm

41. Cool subject. I haven’t done shaky yet. Nicely rendered.

Comment by mary taitt — July 13, 2009 @ 12:48 pm