Infinite – IF

Daily, I toil in a part of nature’s paradise. I look out of my office window and see three enormous redwood trees. They form a semi-circle around a little rickety bench.

There are days, when I sit on that bench, near these luscious beauties, which I have named “the three sisters”. Wondering often, if they could speak, what infinite wisdom would they share.

They are infinitely magical to me, changing the lines of their bark to peer at me in all kinds of shapes, color and forms. But, no matter the transformation of these “sisters”, they always appear as women, whispering to me, daring me to discover their infinite wisdom.

But, I cannot… all I can do in my mere attempts, is to sit in their beauty and try to capture a fleeting glance, a colorful whisper, a dancing tone…knowing their infinite magic will outlive mine.

This week, in stillness, I try to capture the infinity of nature and peace…let’s all meet there in that infinity.  Peace

1. I love the ethnic feel of this! Lovely!!!

Comment by art fan ako — September 23, 2009 @ 12:06 am

2. thanks for stopping by my blog! I always love to connect with fellow artists. Your work is so strong & gutsy!

Comment by elizabeth — September 23, 2009 @ 5:32 am

3. Amazingillo and love the story about it.Great colours!

Comment by theartofpuro — September 23, 2009 @ 6:28 am

4. Not only do you create magical art but you write so beautifully and it is always filled with goodness :)

Comment by valgalart — September 23, 2009 @ 12:55 pm

5. That is definitely on my bucket list to see the wonderous red wood forest –
    Your illo here is beautiful and gives me just a taste of what I am missing in the forest.
    Thanks for sharing!!! :) – Kim

Comment by Kimberly — September 23, 2009 @ 8:57 pm

6. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog.. Your illustrations are cool, full of colors!
    I also check your profile.. me also like What Dreams May Come movie! :D

Comment by Cely — September 23, 2009 @ 9:10 pm

7. Your imagination is full of magic and wonder!

Comment by serline — September 23, 2009 @ 11:05 pm

8. Oh my wow! What a beautiful writer and storyteller you are! This is fantastic!

Comment by thedoodlegirl — September 23, 2009 @ 11:43 pm

9. …not to mention a wonderful artist you are, too!!

Comment by thedoodlegirl — September 23, 2009 @ 11:44 pm

10. Great story behind Your work.
    Strong and living colours.

Comment by JL — September 23, 2009 @ 11:48 pm

11. I like the strange expression of her face

Comment by Tomás — September 24, 2009 @ 2:01 am

12. This is an inpsired post and a beautiful image to illustrate it. I love the treatment of the leaves as a pattern and how those little shapes contrast against the solid tree shape.

Comment by ann marie — September 24, 2009 @ 9:55 am

13. A holy place resides among those reds. The last time I was there, I stood in the midst, experienced their embrace, and did not want to leave. A wonderful space in an interesting place.

Comment by Lynda — September 24, 2009 @ 9:42 pm

14. Hello Indigine, thank you for dropping by and your lovely comment.
    As for this piece, I super love the colour and texture. Very cool!
    Happy weekends:)

Comment by yoon see — September 25, 2009 @ 12:05 am

15. Really lovely! Love the colours :)

Comment by Cally Jane — September 25, 2009 @ 1:53 am

16. Hey Indigene!!! Thank you for visiting! Yes! This is my time-o-year! iy passes too quickly! Your “Infinte” is COOL! I probably won’t be posting on IF anymore,,, I’ll still do my blog but I feel likeour wrists were slapped for whatever reason and that’s fine- it’s a neat site but sometimes it seems kind of crazy!= John

Comment by John York — September 25, 2009 @ 10:57 am

17. I really love this post. I too love to sit among the trees, listening to them speak to the wind, each other, to me. I also agree that they hold old wisdom and as I sit beside them, I hope some of it seeps into me.

This is a lovely piece. Thanks!

Comment by get zen — September 25, 2009 @ 11:20 am

18. love the rich, earthy colors. beautiful textures and mood.

Comment by daniela — September 25, 2009 @ 11:22 am

19. So lovely. She is definitely one with the strong tree. I can imagine you sitting on that bench, looking up at those sisters. A very peaceful scene, indeed. Have a wonderful weekend!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — September 25, 2009 @ 5:32 pm

20. Dear Indigene, so nice to hear from you.

Poor Renee, chemo is so brutal, but she can do it. Please know that I am keeping her and you in my prayers.

Love Renee xoxo

Comment by Renee Khan — September 29, 2009 @ 6:18 pm

21. lucky trees!

best regards

Comment by isay — September 30, 2009 @ 12:52 am

22. your art and words are wonderful. you express yourself so beautifully

Comment by johanna — September 30, 2009 @ 8:45 am

23. Beautiful painting.

Comment by Eric Barclay — October 22, 2009 @ 9:05 pm

24. Thanks, I needed that little bit of peace you just supplied here with your wonderful image and poetic musings. You certainly are a multi-talented gal!

Comment by sketched out — November 5, 2009 @ 8:30 pm