Wilderness – Kaleidoscope Woods

After being in the Grand Canyons over the holidays and seeing the majesty of color in those wild canyons, I couldn’t help but use an image of a painting, I made some time ago  of the wilderness (“Kaleidoscope Woods”).

This is how I see the wilderness, a riot of color!

Ahhh…I can’t imagine life without color or the wilderness, it provides balance.

I’m ready for the adventure of “wilderness” this year, I think that translates into adventure. Let’s live life to the fullest!

1. Lovely! This is so free– do you ever feel like sometimes you are just watching a painting “happen” ? This looks that way. Wonderful colors!

Comment by Krista Hamrick — January 17, 2010 @ 6:03 am

2. Lovely colors! And I agree with Krista, the trees seem so free. Even though all the flowers make me think of a park. A lovely landscape :-)

Comment by Spindelmaker — January 17, 2010 @ 9:05 am

3. Yeah, I’ve been there – if not in person, in my mind. Nice!

Comment by ellen byrne — January 17, 2010 @ 9:58 am

4. It’s lovely! I’d like to be in that wilderness….beautiful colors!

Comment by joyce — January 17, 2010 @ 1:06 pm

5. Thanks for your lovely comments’ it’s a pleasure to meet you and your beautiful artwork.
    Very inspiring, cheers Mel

Comment by melanie lee — January 17, 2010 @ 3:46 pm

6. this is gorgeous and i love you colour choices always :D
    btw: your link from IF is not good although you can go to your
    home page but you might want to repost?

Comment by valgalart — January 17, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

7. This is a piece I’d think I’d see in a museum..just so beautiful, Indigene! Really, it takes me right to the south of France. And yes, I think your post for IF has an error, so if you’d like to repost, that’d be cool so that everyone can see this beautiful illustration. Happy new year to you, Indigene!

Comment by shirley — January 17, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

8. Thanks for stopping by, Indigene!
    I love your color and how you paint it! It’s beautiful…
    Have a blessed day! Warm regards from Indonesia :)

Comment by Ria — January 18, 2010 @ 1:57 am

9. I too love colour, this work actually reminds me of a piece done by Gustave Klimt. Thanks for your positive comments they are much appreciated.

Comment by kylie — January 18, 2010 @ 2:04 am

10. Beautiful colors!

Comment by Tomás — January 18, 2010 @ 3:18 am

11. Very nice colorful pic. Well done Indigene. Your art is so expressive.

Comment by Roma Gutierrez — January 18, 2010 @ 3:25 am

12. outstanding work! the colors are very powerful and uplifting! that’s the kind of wilderness i like the most :)

Comment by Asja — January 18, 2010 @ 7:59 am

13. Wow! Wonderful! Great colours and style :)

Comment by Cally Jane — January 18, 2010 @ 9:08 am

14. Very great interpretation. Love the free lines and the color. Nice!

Comment by jack foster — January 18, 2010 @ 11:24 am

15. You are so right about the color in nature and it is amazing how there is so much pattern out there. You captured it wonderfully. Have a wonderful week :-)

Comment by Flying Colors — January 18, 2010 @ 11:52 am

16. What great colors! Such great energy!

Comment by Digital Scott — January 18, 2010 @ 3:53 pm

17. I love the colors you have in your wilderness. Seeing the Grand Canyon is amazing.

Comment by Heather — January 18, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

18. Fantastic work, excellent interpretation of the theme of the week!
    Would be happy to invite you to visit my site http://www.ruisousaartworks.com.

If you have time you can also see my idea on the theme of the week

Rui Sousa

Comment by Rui Sousa — January 18, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

19. A beautiful piece – excellent use of color!

Comment by andrew — January 18, 2010 @ 8:11 pm

20. Beautiful piece, the colours just grab you and draw you in love it!

Comment by Thrifty Miss — January 19, 2010 @ 2:57 am

21. What a wonderfully textural piece and those colors just sing too!

Comment by caroline soer — January 19, 2010 @ 4:33 am

22. Lovely take on the “wilderness”! Feels like I’m there!

Comment by Cartoon Me — January 19, 2010 @ 8:18 am

23. this is beautiful Indigene!!! the colours and the scene!! wow!!!

Comment by Diana Evans — January 19, 2010 @ 10:07 am

24. Beautiful work…I love this!

Comment by Barbara — January 19, 2010 @ 11:37 am

25. Wow I love this, I love lots of colour and this painting has so much energy and movement, it kinda reminds me a bit of a Van Gogh painting with the brush strokes. Beautiful piece!!! I love seeing where this theme has taken everyone it’s very interesting!

Comment by Nicola Toms — January 19, 2010 @ 5:03 pm

26. Thia is such a great piece for wall art.

Comment by serline — January 20, 2010 @ 10:34 am

27. really stunning use of colour, fantastic.

Comment by Amanda Dilworth — January 20, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

28. Oh my gosh! This is just gorgeous!!! A riot of color for sure.

Comment by Ann Marie — January 21, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

29. Hello my very wild and talented , hilarious and wise soul sistah!!! I miss you!! You know I love you right??? I really do. Thanks for making me laugh and cry all at the same time. It must be darn change girl!!! Your words are worth their very weight in gold to me. How absolutely fabulous they made me feel and bet you and I have stories to tell. OH the hairy stories to be told! he he he he!!! This is a wonderful painting. Reminds me of fall. I love the colors. So warm and fresh. Great work my dear! LOVE IT!

Comment by vanessa newton — January 22, 2010 @ 2:11 pm

30. Indigene, you said it so perfectly. This is a riot of color, and the most beautiful, exciting riot I have ever seen! It’s a celebration of color!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — January 24, 2010 @ 6:02 pm

31. Fierce colors Indigene! The wild is truly a spectrum of colors… my favorite is the almost neon green of spring buds!

Comment by Emily — January 25, 2010 @ 6:50 pm

32. this is luscious and beautiful – i can see it on my wall. Everything about you and your art is uplifting, positive and life-affirming – i wish we were real life neighbors!

Comment by adrienne — January 30, 2010 @ 8:02 am

33. Indigene–
    Great use of color and nice words. Like you, once I see something I like, I always want to draw and paint it. You have a very active site.Thank you for being such a loyal commentor to my posts. Keep on painting!

Comment by Terry Banderas — January 30, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

34. Oh Indigene girl…this is breathtaking!!!
    I’ve always been drawn to other artist’s interpretations of ‘wooded’ paintings in any season.

ooooh, bravo!!!!

Comment by studio lolo — January 30, 2010 @ 5:36 pm

35. a fun thought’; to place woods pieces in a Kaleidoscope and spend the day twirling it around

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — February 6, 2010 @ 2:32 pm

36. Yes, great colours and energy in your work and thanks for your comment too, I appreciate it.

Comment by phoebe — February 11, 2010 @ 6:20 am

37. Beautiful painting, the colors are vibrant. It reminds me of fall at Ohio University. Great work.

Comment by Mike — February 11, 2010 @ 11:22 pm