Focused On Positive Art that Uplifts the Spirit!

I am focused on: “The Healing Power of Art!”

“Art has and continues to illuminate me, through creating, sharing; meeting with others to view it, inspire, affirm and celebrate. Creating art lights my path to soul revival. It has nurtured me and help me understand myself, therefore giving me the capacity to understand others.  It is the physical peace in my storms”

Manhattan Arts International’s “Celebrate The Healing Power of Art 2010” is based on the belief that Art is a natural force that promotes health and well-being for the creator as well as the viewer. Renee Phillips, Director of Manhattan Arts International, is organizing an online exhibition of positive art that uplifts the spirit, plus collaboration with others who share this belief. Interviews and articles reflect the contributions of Art & Healing leaders and causes.

Website: www.ManhattanArts.com

Blog: http://HealingPowerofArt.blogspot.com

1. MOM!
    I can’t believe you put a picture of me on here!
    so embarassssssssssssssssssssing.
    lolz.

Comment by Kayla — January 26, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

2. I’m loving this!!! You daughter is beautiful!! She’s a cutie for sure. Yes I guess I did tell my age with all information on my blog LOL!!! I forgot about Jeannie, and Father Knows Best! I hope I made you smile for a second. YOU my sister are the BEST!!! Sending you a great many hugs.

Comment by vanessa newton — January 27, 2010 @ 7:29 pm

3. Your daughter is beautiful — and why not — she has a beautiful mother!
    Thank you for writing about the Manhattan Arts Healing Power of Art. The momentum is really growing. Also, thank you for participating in this positive direction by sharing your insight and your wonderful art!

Comment by renee — January 28, 2010 @ 11:06 am

4. Your daughter is beautiful indeed! You could link this post right ti IF since you mention “focus”.

Comment by Vicki Smith — January 29, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your comments!

Yes, art definitely has healing powers. I’ll have to check out that site.

Funny, you post a pic of your sweet daughter, and she gets on you for it. I’m sure my son won’t be thrilled that I posted that drawing of him!

Comment by Abby — January 29, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

6. oh your daughter is so sweet….and I have to agree with you….art is uplifting!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Comment by Diana Evans — January 30, 2010 @ 12:17 am

7. Okay if you wanted to make me cry you did with those encouraging words. Lately I feel like I’ve been dropping the ball with everything. I wish you were closer so I could put my head on your shoulder and snot for a moment he he he he!! Thanks girlfriend. From the bottom of my heart.

Comment by vanessa newton — January 30, 2010 @ 7:40 am

8. Beautiful and so full of life!

Comment by Krista Hamrick — January 30, 2010 @ 10:35 am

9. Awesome message! I do believe it’s true that the process of making art is very healing and focusing. Can’t wait to look at the site you mentioned!

Comment by valerie lorimer — January 30, 2010 @ 5:04 pm

10. the healing power of art has helped me through many big things in life.

Amen sister!!

And yes, your daughter is a beauty ;)

Comment by studio lolo — January 30, 2010 @ 5:37 pm

11. Your post has uplifted me!! especially when i need to fight my monday blue.
    and your daughter is very beautiful. i love her shinny cheerful smiles

Comment by owl eng — January 31, 2010 @ 9:21 am

12. You are my hero! You are so free with your expression verbal / visual – it emphasizes my desire to create. Truly your work has a healing effect on me :-) Thank You!

Comment by Flying Colors / Lisa Rivas — January 31, 2010 @ 8:12 pm

13. Okay, you’re daughter is so pretty! What fun to have her! Love your artwork and your new blog!!

Comment by thedoodlegirl — January 31, 2010 @ 11:18 pm

14. Nice words again!

Comment by Tomás — February 1, 2010 @ 3:06 am

15. I so agree! Thanks so much Indigene for your lovely comment on my blog, your art is beautiful.xx

Comment by Jessie — February 1, 2010 @ 5:47 am

16. Couldn’t agree more. You have a lovely daughter – she has the most beautiful smile!

Comment by nicky linzey — February 1, 2010 @ 11:57 am

17. Awwwwww! Kayla is sooooo beautiful! what a treaured post sweet Indigene! your art is always poignant, beautiful, meaningful, touching and special!

Comment by valgalart — February 2, 2010 @ 2:11 am

18. AND you’re good with words! Beautiful and inspiring and always. :)

Comment by Nancy — February 4, 2010 @ 3:17 am