WIP – Completion…set adrift again…

It is done! What began as night pacing (see my December 6, 2009 blog post); has culminated into the finale.

I am now in that stage where the crescendo has ended. I have the feeling of not being anchored; I am adrift, until I delve into the next project.  Of course, I’ll sketch and create, but it is a different energy than being possessed by a painting screaming to get out!

Sometimes the best way to describe the creative zone, would be mania, crescendo, then an anti-climatic feeling sets in, finally a sadness that it’s over; and then peace,

but…then it starts all over again.

Remember to nurture your body, mind and spirit and being adrift may mean letting go of control.

I want to thank you all who continue to support me, I feel loved. Peace to everyone.

(Mixed-Media/paper – “O’s Totem” – 22″x30″ Copyright 2010 Indigene)

1. Lovely piece….enjoy the creative journey :)

Comment by Nancy Lefko — February 12, 2010 @ 1:50 pm

2. Great color & good description of the creative process too.

Many thanks for stopping by with your kind comments

Comment by ArtSnark — February 12, 2010 @ 3:16 pm

3. I hear you!

Comment by Ren — February 12, 2010 @ 3:32 pm

4. i read back through your posts and you inspire me, wish i were as ‘driven’ as you are in many ways. hugs.

Comment by soulbrush — February 12, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

5. Wow, what a beautiful finish!

i know what you mean about feeling anti-climatic after such a powerful and personal piece of work is done. You’re spent Indigene, emotionally and creatively but just until the next rush of ideas come through!

This is a wonderful totem piece. I was born in the year of the snake so I’m partial to them in totems or otherwise. (But not in the house!)

I also feel that Raven is in my totem as well as any cat…domestic or wild, little or big.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful work!

XX

Comment by studio lolo — February 12, 2010 @ 6:34 pm

6. I totally here you! You got the path of a painting so right on! Right now I’m in the drifting part…after an intense time with 12 pieces at once. I’m finally in the peace before the next painting calls to me…or deadline looms. :)

Comment by T.M. — February 12, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

7. yes, it can be a rollercoaster of emotion but it is the price of the life of riley ;)
    what an amazing creation and I share your feelings and am right there with you my
    dear friend :D Beautiful and inspired!

Comment by valgalart — February 12, 2010 @ 7:53 pm

8. what a nice illustration!

I’m not sure my creative process is the same. Yours sounds very exciting Indigene! I just get into a sort of meditative zone, where I lose track of time, and create. Sometimes it’s hard to get there, but when I do, that’s when MY magic happens.

Hoping you get possessed again real soon! :)

Comment by Deb Keirce — February 12, 2010 @ 9:30 pm

9. very nice, thoughtful. i really like how your table goes from flat to standing,

Comment by AscenderRisesAbove — February 13, 2010 @ 12:29 pm

10. Hello:

Regardless of the very little time I have had lately….I do try to keep up with what you are doing. Good for you…….go with the spirit…..and become….as you do…

Great project….beautiful art…beautiful woman..

Blessings…..

Comment by Laurel Musto — February 13, 2010 @ 7:24 pm

11. How interesting to hear you talk about your creative process! And, as always, your paintings are something to feel.

Comment by Nancy — February 14, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

12. Very dynamic work. I love your abstracts! they are powerful!

Linda

Comment by LStern — February 15, 2010 @ 12:03 am

13. Indigene, this is a very powerful and wonderful piece. I love the palms that cup the portraits. So much meaning and beauty. Rest, dear friend, and store up energy for that next big project. xoxoxo

Comment by Bella Sinclair — February 15, 2010 @ 1:29 am

14. so cool and i like what you did with the snakes. this is meaningful.

Comment by isay — February 15, 2010 @ 4:33 am

15. Beautiful and soulful piece, so much to take in. It fits perfectly for ‘adrift’ you timed it just right!

Comment by heidi aldin monteleone — February 15, 2010 @ 12:02 pm

16. Thanks for your visit awhile ago! I’ve been meaning to stop by, but didn’t mean for it to take so long – your work is wonderful, so colorful and creative! LOVE that creative zone!

Comment by Susan — February 16, 2010 @ 5:52 am

17. Thanks for sharing this personal account of your creative process and the finished piece. It’s a special place to be able to tap into and use productively, a real gift in many ways. On to your next challenge!

Comment by michele — February 16, 2010 @ 4:00 pm

18. I think the creative process is so much like giving birth, so incredibly intense and focusing, then just when you think it’s never going to happen a final push and there it is and you are totally spent. On the other hand I find there are different types of creation that take you out of yourself and renew you. Well done on finishing…next!

Comment by kylie — February 16, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

19. Wonderful! I really get this, and wish you would come over for coffee one day!

Comment by Nancy Bea — February 16, 2010 @ 10:59 pm

20. strong piece – i thought totem or mandala the minute I saw it. as personal as it is, the symbolism, layout and hierarchy allow for a universal understanding. strong work.

Comment by paul — February 17, 2010 @ 6:36 am

21. Wow this is a great piece! I love those colours and what you wrote i could really relate to!!!

Comment by Nicola Toms — February 17, 2010 @ 6:51 am

22. Your works are so soulful – very powerful!

Comment by MiKa — February 17, 2010 @ 1:43 pm

23. Beautiful work! I love it!

Comment by Celine — February 17, 2010 @ 3:23 pm

24. The iconography in this piece is well put together, nicely designed.

Comment by Andrew — February 17, 2010 @ 7:30 pm

25. ah yes the creative roller coaster .. I know it all too well!
    Good on you for keeping disciplined at it.. lovely work and detail!

Comment by Helen Wheeler-Shaw — February 17, 2010 @ 8:36 pm

26. Wonderful. Adrift… but not for long :). Look forward to seeing yr next piece!

Comment by Evelyn — February 17, 2010 @ 9:30 pm

27. I love all the different elements of your piece. So many lovely things to look at!

Comment by Annette Q — February 18, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

28. Couldn’t have said it better.

Comment by Kaitlyn S. C. Hatch — February 19, 2010 @ 5:18 am

29. Lovely work. Loved reading about your creative process…very inspiring.

Comment by Hannah M — February 21, 2010 @ 9:11 am

30. the finished piece is wonderful and I loved your sharing of the thoughts and process that were involved in getting there

Comment by cobol — February 23, 2010 @ 9:51 am

31. Sorry to be late here. Wow! I have missed so many posts of yours.
    I am the one that adrift!!!
    Love the process and the finished piece.
    Good use of word on Crescendo.
    Uplift our life and do creative work just like you. Lovethe composition and new style of your prsentation Indigene:)

Comment by yoon see — February 24, 2010 @ 8:15 am

32. I really like all the different points of interest in this painting. It’s very cool. I also like how you show your process. Great job.

Comment by Dustin Covan — March 1, 2010 @ 1:07 pm

33. Really kewl…Isn’t the canyon beautiful? the thing that impressed me is you can never do it justice with a photo. No matter how high the resolution, it’s just that the canyon is an experience – It’s so much more than an image.

Comment by Deb Keirce — March 1, 2010 @ 6:31 pm