Perspective: Queen of the Canyon

When I visited “The Grand Canyon”, I came away with many perspectives, this image was one of many.  I’m sure I will be painting many of the perspectives I gained from this vast beauty!
The Grand Canyon is a Queen. It’s all beautiful from this perspective!
Go out and investigate nature (with people in it…or not! :)

Dictionary.com defines the word “perspective” in (7) ways, I chose the following definitions to describe my image viewpoint:

a technique of depicting volumes and spatial relationships
on a flat surface;
a visible scene, esp. one extending to a distance;
the state of existing in space before the eye;
the state of one’s ideas, the facts known to one, etc.
a mental view or prospect.
Have a peaceful week.
P.S. Here is the work in progress:
  1. So beautiful! I have never been there– I’m sure I would be overwhelmed. I went to the Parthenon two years ago, a place I never even imagined I would be able to go, and it was just jaw-dropping-breathtaking-inspiring!! Your Grand Canyon Queen makes me want to start planning a trip!

Comment by Krista Hamrick — February 27, 2010 @ 7:20 am

2. So imaginative! Love the colors and perspective:) Thanks for the nice comment!

Comment by peg nocciolino — February 27, 2010 @ 7:41 am

3. Great and imaginative painting of a perspective of the Grand Canyon! Love the colors! I enjoyed seeing your work -in-progress too.

Comment by Carol — February 27, 2010 @ 11:20 am

4. This is very neat!!! what a cool idea….wonderful work !!!

Comment by Diana Evans — February 27, 2010 @ 11:22 am

5. Beautiful image! The colors are wonderfully vibrant.

Comment by Abby — February 27, 2010 @ 11:36 am

6. Wow, you are so original! Never saw anything like this, before!
    Thanks for your nice comment on my own IF piece. Are you driving yet? Want to come for a studio visit?

Comment by Nancy Bea — February 27, 2010 @ 1:28 pm

7. I love how you’ve given the grand canyon a feminine identity. I also love the perspective of the canyon wall.

Comment by Deb Clandening — February 27, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

8. This is as awesome and amazing idea eminating from the source ;) grand and clever! I have always lived in a canyon, from San Diego to Topanga, both my hoods have canyons and a canyon is a very special place. Grand Canyon is just that the Grandest Lady of them all!
    This is why i love IF soooooo much, not only do i love art but i adore words and this word
    perspective has so many cool meanings, thanks for pointing that out ;)

Comment by valgalart — February 27, 2010 @ 1:56 pm

9. Love these earthy colors!!! Beautiful!

Comment by Kimberly — February 27, 2010 @ 2:19 pm

10. Wondeful illustration!The colours are amazing and the concept is great!

Comment by theartofpuro — February 27, 2010 @ 3:09 pm

11. This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for your comment on the cat! I laughed too! The original was a bit too much, I had the cats legs around the owners head….too much I think?

Comment by diane mccauley — February 27, 2010 @ 5:08 pm

12. Beautifull painting!
    I must say it was really nice reading about you and the process to make art. I love knowing about the woman behind the art. I was also very impressed about how you prepare your own natural oils. Beautifull work, beautiful woman :)

Comment by Claudia Horsey — February 27, 2010 @ 5:42 pm

13. This is magnificent!!!! OMG!! How brilliant is this. I love the wonderful colors and her beautiful face. You have really done your thing with this piece. Totally out of the box for sure. Great job! Oh girl don’t you know I’m going to do a picture of you and I and few others shaking our coconuts too! he he he he! It’s going to be so crazy hilarious! he he he he! I love you girly. Now dance!!!

Comment by vanessa newton — February 27, 2010 @ 8:49 pm

14. Wow this is gorgeous, the colours are beautiful and what a fantastic idea. That must have been a beautiful trip!!!

Comment by Nicola Toms — February 28, 2010 @ 12:35 am

15. Beautiful face! You have got an imaginative mind ! Nice work!

Comment by serline — February 28, 2010 @ 5:47 am

16. Very curious perspective!

Comment by Tomás — February 28, 2010 @ 6:13 am

17. What wonderful glowing colours, I think the sense of awe you get from seeing the grandure of nature really does put things into perspective.
    Thanks so much for your insightful comments, the plight of our indigenous people in Australia really is very similar to that of the American. The damage here has gone so deep with the breakdown of the of family and community and really it is only in very recent times that cultural pride and knowledge has been encouraged both within the Koorie and the wider community. I get very upset with the ignorant attitudes and comments people still cling to especially in rural areas.

Comment by kylie — February 28, 2010 @ 6:28 am

18. HI, this is so creative and imaginative. Great job!!! I love your take on the topic. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate your kinds words!
    Have a good day, Heather

Comment by Heather — February 28, 2010 @ 7:51 am

19. This is really beautiful! I love the colors and how you depict the awesome Grand Canyon!!! :) Silke

Comment by Silke — February 28, 2010 @ 12:07 pm

20. Very cool!!

Cheers!!

Comment by FHNavarro — February 28, 2010 @ 4:18 pm

21. I love your Queen within the canyon, and the colors are simply stunning – what a beautiful piece! We are indeed planning a trip to visit the Lady herself for summer ’11, we’ve been saving up for a few years!

Have a wonderful week! Susan

Comment by Susan — March 1, 2010 @ 9:18 am

22. Nice colors and great idea.¡¡¡¡

Comment by carmen — March 1, 2010 @ 4:45 pm

23. Very Cool – nice warm colors.

Comment by Illustration Blog — March 1, 2010 @ 4:54 pm

24. Nice colors and great idea.¡¡¡¡ =)

Comment by carmen — March 1, 2010 @ 5:02 pm

25. You always produce such beautiful work – I love dropping by this blog!

Comment by Alex — March 3, 2010 @ 7:38 am

26. This is gorgeous Indigene…. and a wonderful tribute to a special place!
    BTW… love seeing the work in progress too!

Comment by Roberta Baird — March 3, 2010 @ 12:21 pm

27. ooooh, this is so… cool. Seriously, you’ve captured every aspect of interpretation and making art. I am in awe.

Comment by Nancy — March 5, 2010 @ 1:31 am

28. Wow. Great colors. She kindof scares me, but she so seems to belong as well.

Thank you for the comment on my blog.

Comment by TMartin — March 9, 2010 @ 10:04 am

29. Beautiful! Both in concept and painting, Indigene. The colors are fabulous.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — March 18, 2010 @ 4:08 pm