Happy New Year – Happy Birthday to me!

I want to thank all the people who have supported, assisted, prayed and were with me in spirit in the year, 2010; I’m glad I lived it and I’m glad it’s over!

Many people have New Year’s resolutions and I’m no different, but for me they’re a little more special, since it’s my birthday, too and they become my birthday wishes as well. Making resolutions, writing them down and letting others know what the resolutions are, help me to stay the course during the year.

Big Thanks and shout out to Maria Brophy for giving me a little help in my artistic resolution department.

FIVE NEW YEAR ART/ARTIST RESOLUTIONS:

1.) I RESOLVE TO PROMOTE MYSELF SHAMELESSLY. I will always have photos of my work with me to show to people I meet. I will introduce myself as an artist, and I will have a business card ready to hand out and make it easy for people to remember me and what I do.

2.) I RESOLVE TO CULTIVATE A GREAT WEBSITE. I will love it and nurture it and keep it updated weekly. My site will clearly demonstrate what I do and how to reach me.

3.) I RESOLVE TO CONTINUE OPERATING WITH COMPLETE INTEGRITY. I will DO WHAT I say I am going to do, WHEN I say I’m going to do it, 100% of the time. I HAVE earn a reputation for being reliable and upfront, and dependable. I HAVE become the person that people come to because not only do they love my art, they trust me and can count on me.

4.) I RESOLVE TO CONTINUE EDUCATING MYSELF IN THE BUSINESS OF ART. I will read at least 3 new books this year on marketing art, selling art, the business of art, etc. and learn new, better ways of doing things.

5.) I RESOLVE TO CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH OTHERS AND SHARE INFORMATION. I will spend more time with other creative people, sharing information and ideas and exchanging pricing strategies, tips on techniques, and anything else that will help a fellow artist (and myself) be more successful. I will be generous with my time and information. I will come to believe that the success of others only helps with my success, and vice-versa.

Most of all I will continue to love and support my family, whom give me the greatest joy of all.

May everyone be blessed in the coming year, when one door closes on you, may another open at the same time.

In peace.

1. Dear T. Gaskin, good decisions for the new year! May all your wishes come true! Warm regards, G.

Comment by Grobi White — January 1, 2011 @ 4:52 am

2. I read your resolutions aloud to my family. Wonderful resolutions.
    I am sure loads of artists will copy your statement, pin it on their bulletin board and read it regularly.
    I will!
    Wishing you all the best for 2011 and hope to see you often 'shamelessly promoting' yourself on Illustration Friday.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — January 1, 2011 @ 5:00 am

3. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday. May 2011 bring you health, peace & happiness.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Comment by Sue Pownall — January 1, 2011 @ 5:29 am

4. Excellent goals! I enjoyed scrolling through your previous posts too. Keep up the good work in 2011. Wishing you every happiness in the new year!

Comment by Linda Hensley — January 1, 2011 @ 9:07 am

5. Happy New Year and a very happy birthday. Blessings in 2011!

Comment by jack foster — January 1, 2011 @ 12:37 pm

6. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you are off to a great 2011 – thanks for the link to my site! I'm flattered….

The thing I love most about the new year: We all get a clean slate and it's exciting to think that the year is NEW and FRESH and can be anything we want it to be!!!!

Comment by Maria Brophy — January 1, 2011 @ 6:07 pm

7. Blessings for a great year!! :-)

Comment by Willie — January 2, 2011 @ 9:25 am

8. happy New year to you, and a Happy Birthday. love the resolutions

Comment by gai — January 2, 2011 @ 10:26 pm

9. Wonderful resolutions! I'm so glad you are healthy again– Happy Birthday and Happy New Year!

Comment by Krista Hamrick — January 3, 2011 @ 4:40 pm

10. Happy New Year and Happy Birthday too! I think your resolutions are great and very inspiring too!! I look forward to following your artistic adventures this year and seeing where they take you! :0) thank you for your visit it was great to 'see' you again :0)

Comment by Nicola Toms — January 3, 2011 @ 5:01 pm

11. Go Indigene! xox

Comment by Nancy B — January 3, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

12. Hey there my sister and friend!!!! Oh how awesome it was to hear from you!! So glad that you reached out. What a way to start the year. Hope that all is well with your family and that you are still creating and sharing your awesome magic! I see that you are still creating fabulousness and it's just beautiful. Okay, so things happen and we get off track, but I will make sure I come by more often to see what you are up too. I'm just glad and I so appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to come by and leave a message! A message of cheer!!!! he he he he! I send you a great many hugs and well wishes for a more creative and expressive year doing your thang and sharing it all with us! You go girl. Big hugs to you!
    Much respect, peace and love
    V

Comment by vanessa — January 4, 2011 @ 1:22 am

13. It's a great list for artists, Indigene. Wishing you a happy, healthy new year!

Comment by Vicki Smith — January 4, 2011 @ 10:06 am

14. What excellent resolutions! I think I shall have to jot them down and hopefully follow them myself :D I wish you a happy birthday and great new year, albeit a little late. :)

Comment by nancy — January 6, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

15. what an amazing list of resolutions!
    I especially love the first one! From blushing when even mention what I do, I'm trying to turn into a shameless self-promoter, and seeing nice people like you doing the same makes it all a bit easier!
    this is the first time that I'm visiting your blog, and I love it :)

Comment by tanya — January 11, 2011 @ 3:56 am

16. I agree with everyone! What powerful and beautiful resolutions. You are doing amazingly well, Indigene and are an inspiration!

Comment by @MicheleTheberge — January 18, 2011 @ 11:36 am

17. I was going to post a long comment here, but you said everything that was on my mind for my own resolutions…a resounding YES!!!!!! you are awesome

Comment by Susanne Iles — February 1, 2011 @ 8:20 pm