Deja-Vu and Studio Nook Chaos

In rearranging my studio nook and painting, life was chaotic! When you’re working on a new painting, that you have to stop and start, there is that feeling of deja-vu! Yet, you know it’s all real…lol!

This is the beginning of the painting. I put several different symbols around the main part of the painting…and then…I changed my mind…and erased the symbols.

I’m feeling the main character, but the symbols are eluding me.

I was rearranging the studio as I painted, you know trying to multi-task and get as much done in the window of time I had.

But, back to the painting…

I erased all the surrounding symbols and redid some others things and finally, it felt like it was flowing.

I’m still in the preliminary stages, but I think she and I are feeling the flow on this.

There was a mad dash by me to get everything  in order before the new year. I’m superstitious like that, whatever state your home and business is in, is how it’s going to be for the new year. So for me, the control freak that I sometimes am, everything was straightened up, dusted, cleaned, reordered and finished!

No…everything was not completed, but there a sweetness in what was completed, and you know life goes on.

Deja-vu is now reality and chaos to order! Now that’s a great beginning!

Peace to you from the nook.

1. I m rearranging mine too – drastically. Have fun!

Comment by Lynda Grace Black — January 10, 2011 @ 8:17 pm

2. I'm sure you will be creating many wonderful new works of art in your nook in the new year.
    I look forward to seeing them! The one in progress looks great!

Comment by heidialdin — January 10, 2011 @ 11:00 pm

3. Your studio looks full of inspiration.
    Looking forward to see the painting emerging.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — January 11, 2011 @ 1:37 am

4. This is a great start! Really looking forward to seeing the final version! The deja-vu PLUS! ;-)

Comment by Nancy B — January 11, 2011 @ 9:51 am

5. It happens to me every time I start a new painting: I have clear in mind what I would like to do bu, then, little by littl,e it is the painting itself that wins and leads me to the right way it must be! It seems like paintings have the will to come to life in a definite way and they make you change your mind until you understand which one it is.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Munch is too big a name to compare to my work: I am just a self-taught sunday-evening painter!
    Your works are really great.
    Greetings from Italy,
    Paolo

Comment by Paolo Avigo — January 11, 2011 @ 3:58 pm

6. I am totally trying to find my space too! Love how you mix pencil with paint.

Comment by Lois Keller — January 11, 2011 @ 5:50 pm

7. Have fun creating and re-arranging :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

Comment by Nancy Lefko — January 11, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

8. That New Year's Day superstition – I carry that one too. It usually a carefully planned day full of everything I want for the year to come.
    Love the painting – she's really coming together.

Comment by Creatively Sensitive — January 12, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

9. That New Year's Day superstition – I carry that one too. It usually a carefully planned day full of everything I want for the year to come.
    Love the painting – she's really coming together.

Comment by Creatively Sensitive — January 12, 2011 @ 3:19 pm

10. Great perspective! I'd like to add that I feel a sense of deja-vu when I dig through layers of "to do" sketches on my desk…Hopefully, they all get completed in the new year!
    Happy Birthday to you- You have much to celebrate! :o)

Comment by michele — January 12, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

11. I know the feeling well! If all my things aren't organized, then neither are my thoughts and I simply won't get anything done! Best of luck to you this year :)

Comment by Jose — January 12, 2011 @ 9:16 pm

12. Happy new year Indegene! The painting is looking great. I like the face. It is beautifully done. I hope you achieve your goals for 2011. Best wishes, Indegene!

Comment by Ces — January 12, 2011 @ 9:56 pm

13. Congrats on improving your nest! I always feel better when I've got some space to do my work. Many happy paintings in the new year! Thanks for your visit too!

Comment by Linda Hensley — January 13, 2011 @ 9:55 am

14. I really like seeing people's work spaces! (and I like where this painting is going)…..

Comment by TMartin — January 13, 2011 @ 5:43 pm

15. Happy New Year to you, too! I love your resolutions. I just might steal some of them. Good luck on your studio and work. Be well!

Comment by Lynette — January 16, 2011 @ 11:14 am

16. i love having a peek inside your studio an all that happens there!

Comment by Ascender Rises Above — January 19, 2011 @ 11:11 am