Creative Flow – Clean & Dust

While doing some cleaning and dusting, I came across a bag of pretty autumn leaves. I love the colors of autumn. I remember taking these leaves from a beautiful tree. So of course I stopped cleaning and looked for the photos of the tree it came from.

I’m one of those people that look at trees and always see people or some sort of magical creature, so I usually stop and snap a photo, since it’s usually on the road and I don’t get a chance to sketch and explore it until I get home. I find trees fascinating.  Here’s a reference photo:

Well, to make a long story short, I never finished the dusting (the cleaning is ongoing)!  My creative flow took over and I spent the next few days working on this image. Here she is, a dryad, a tree spirit,  I’ve named her “Autumn Leaves”.  Autumn is a part of the “Goddess Series”.

January is an ideal month for getting your office together, since it is after the holidays and everyone seems to be in recovery mode. It also helps that it is (7) seven degrees Fahrenheit outdoors! My creative flow is up 1000%.

Perfect hot chocolate weather, that’s where I am, indoors, warm, snugly, creating and happy!

Define your happiness today.  Always in peace.

1. I love this! Beautiful colors. The photo is beautiful too.

Comment by Linda Hensley — January 23, 2011 @ 12:29 am

2. Ohhhh lovely! Really love the movement in this and that vibrant red!!! Lovely pose too!!! Really beautiful piece :0)

Comment by Nicola — January 23, 2011 @ 4:25 am

3. Thanks for visiting my art blog Indigene. I love your artwork, especially the fantasy. I love the mix of creatures and humans, very inspiring! Kerry

Comment by Kerry Schofield — January 23, 2011 @ 7:32 am

4. I love the use of colors in this piece also. I love the translation into art. Nice work

Comment by @AleaseMichelle — January 23, 2011 @ 9:42 am

5. that is one MAGNIFICENT tree, ind! :-))

lovely painting and thanks SO much for the visit! :-))

Comment by froggie — January 23, 2011 @ 11:31 am

6. Wonderful interpretation of the tree, such vibrancy!

Comment by Abby — January 23, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

7. your art is beautiful. All the best in the new year!

Comment by Mona — January 23, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

8. I love these pieces. I too love the shapes of trees and the images within. great to see your depictions.

Comment by Gai — January 24, 2011 @ 3:38 am

9. The colors are wonderful! I know what you mean about trees: )

Comment by Laurel Martin — January 24, 2011 @ 9:46 am

10. Wonderful images, Indigene, and great post…wishing you a wonderful 2011 ahead! Here's to creativity and not too much time dealing with dusting and cleaning! : )

Comment by shirley — January 24, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

11. It's much more fun to make a mess than to clean one, isn't it? That is a great tree and a beautiful interpretation of it.

Comment by heidialdin — January 24, 2011 @ 9:22 pm

12. Wonderful colors and character!

Comment by theartofpuro — January 26, 2011 @ 12:50 pm

13. She's beautiful. Fiery, protective and strong. Gorgeous colors.

Comment by angel — January 26, 2011 @ 9:33 pm

14. Wow! beautiful Indigene!

Comment by jack foster — January 26, 2011 @ 10:14 pm

15. I share your fascination with the trees…The stories they could tell! As for the dust, the new year brings inspiration to clean, yes, but the weather has been so gorgeous the past few weeks, I've been playing "hooky" from my housekeeping, and out visiting the trees instead! I'm slightly jealous that you'll have a clean studio! :o)

Comment by michele — January 27, 2011 @ 10:18 pm

16. Beautiful & very potent image. She is a strong character with the fiery hair.
    I love trees as well. Every one is uniquely made and have a lot of life in their lines. That is so wonderful that you were inspired by nature to create such an original piece!! Wonderful work!

Comment by Linda H — January 28, 2011 @ 1:06 am

17. Wow– what energy! Beautiful!

Comment by krista hamrick — January 28, 2011 @ 6:56 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.