Reverse Order

In the last (72) hours, I have somehow reversed my schedule. Meaning, instead of sleeping at night and being up during the day, it is vice-versa! So today, I am trying to correct this reversed order by staying up all day.

So far, so good, I will be unbearable around 7:00PM, but I’m hoping to last until 8:00PM and then I will go to bed for the evening. I’m looking forward to going back to my regular schedule of  5:30AM to 10:30PM.

This reverse schedule usually happens when I stay up too late, painting!  I get  excited over some aspect of the painting, I’m working on, I pull an all-nighter.  :)

This was particular piece was created around 3:00AM, this morning.  I think I was dreaming with my eyes open. I remember seeing a quick glimpse of a beautiful face with a turban on her head, and then she disappeared in a sea of color!

I know this has something to do with my goddess series, but this goddess, decided I was too tired to give her a proper welcome, so she did not fully materialized! I hope this goddess comes back. But for now, she’s a mystery and this painting is a puzzle to figure out.

On another note, it’s Friday again, freezing cold and icy outside, but instead of staying in and enjoying the warmth, I’ll be bundling up and going for a brisk walk. Maybe I’ll see my next painting out there, but then again, it may just be a walk to keep me awake!

Have a great weekend and get out if you can, cold weather lets you know you’re alive!

Peace to you all.

1. What a lovely image! Good luck with switching your schedule around. You're probably smart to get out and enjoy some fresh air before the next round of storms.

Comment by Vicki Smith — February 4, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

2. Hi Indigene,

Thanks for your comment! Your own painting for IF: reverse is very dreamy too…a bit of "Gustav Klimt meets Paul Gauguin." :-)

There must be new ideas gestating in that creative head of yours!

Have a brisk and productive weekend!
    Susan

Comment by Susan Sorrell Hill — February 4, 2011 @ 3:17 pm

3. I got into that trap too, staying up too late and then sleeping in the day. I would go out at 3:00 in the morning like it was 3:00 in the afternoon. It really does get your schedule all messed up though.

I'm so glad you captured your dream image. I've had many but never been able to get them down in time. I've tried to scribble the image on paper but eventually it fades from memory. Wonderful job!

Kerry

Comment by @ObsessCreative — February 5, 2011 @ 1:07 am

4. Nice painting with the complementary colours: purple and orange. Very lively.
    I wish I could have a closer look to see what is happening in your painting.
    Lots of action, I think.
    Have a great day…uh…night?
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — February 5, 2011 @ 2:22 am

5. I would be unable to paint in that kind of tired state. Good job!

Comment by Sharon Wagner — February 5, 2011 @ 10:57 am

6. Over the top fabulous! I mean I could use this for my wall. I love all that delicious color and texture. It's awesome girly! Really. Great work. You ain't letting this awful weather stop you from your creative flow. YOU GO GIRLY! Awesome.
    I send you much energy and love.
    V

Comment by vanessa — February 5, 2011 @ 6:26 pm

7. I hate when my schedule gets reversed like that. Takes me 3 days to get reorganized.
    Love the abstract.

Comment by Teri C — February 5, 2011 @ 11:23 pm

8. Heisann!

Thanks a lot for your comment on my post.
    Great wondering about reverse…. and I think your goddess will appear, be patient.
    I also have series of 'goddesses', but just two in progress till now… they are not actually goddesses, but figures in Norwegian folklore … I have made animation-clips about Freya and Turan.
    Have a nice and good working week ;:OD)

Comment by bjorgnin — February 6, 2011 @ 8:45 am

9. I'm inching toward that bad cycle and trying to nip it in the bud. Great palette. I love the way the energy of the painting flows up from the bottom.

Comment by erin — February 6, 2011 @ 9:53 am

10. It looks like there is an owl in the top right corner. Cute

Comment by JoyNevada — February 6, 2011 @ 10:14 am

11. I hope your goddess appears! Thanks for stopping by; it's always good to hear from you. Stay safe on that ice!

Comment by Lynette — February 6, 2011 @ 10:59 am

12. Beautiful! I get like that too sometimes, especially when I'm doing something creative and I don't want to get interrupted by sleep! :)

Comment by Renata — February 6, 2011 @ 11:51 am

13. So curious…

Comment by tomas — February 6, 2011 @ 11:53 am

14. Lovely vision with a beautiful set of colors. Ethereal and full of harmony, like a goddess!

Comment by Stella — February 6, 2011 @ 12:42 pm

15. My schedule gets reversed quite often as well, I LOVE the colors!!

Comment by Bella — February 6, 2011 @ 1:06 pm

16. Very nice! I love the bold colors – even at 3:00 a.m.!

Comment by Abby — February 6, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

17. Oh, this is wonderful! I see the beautiful lady with the turban, and I love how she decides to appear to you once you've surrendered to this lovely painting. What a great discovery. And speaking of surrender, your mermaid below is graceful and beautiful!

Comment by Bella Sinclair — February 6, 2011 @ 7:14 pm

18. I love dream-inspired paintings. So much for that idea that people dream in black and white, right? Good luck with getting your days/nights figured out!

Comment by Linda Hensley — February 7, 2011 @ 9:46 am

19. Hello Ind.
    It usually happens when we introduce much of something we like. that time ceases to exist.
    In fact I wanted, that did not exist, because that would mean that I'm constantly doing something I like.
    I noticed in your painting, many faces, an owl, and surely there must be a universe.
    Congratulations. Thanks also for your kind comments!

Comment by roberto — February 7, 2011 @ 11:48 am

20. I agree! Cold weather reminds you you're alive :) This painting is nice and warm though, lovely work! xx

Comment by Jessie — February 7, 2011 @ 2:06 pm

21. The puzzle is gorgeous! It's great when you end up surprising yourself – those creations of sleep-deprived nights can turn out pretty interesting ;)

Comment by nancy — February 8, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

22. i see you like Breakfast at Tiffany's!!!!!!!!
    coooool!!!!!!!!

Comment by name?what?what name? — February 9, 2011 @ 8:39 pm

23. sometimes i dream with my eyes open too and all i can see is my lover..sighs.

Comment by name?what?what name? — February 9, 2011 @ 8:41 pm

24. Lovely peace of art!! I adore you! ;)

Comment by Ada Aqua — February 14, 2011 @ 11:58 am

25. lovely, full of colors :)

Comment by enigma — February 14, 2011 @ 12:12 pm