Stirred by JAPAN

The word this week for illustration Friday is stir. I am glad that they had a word to prompt me, because I was at a lost for words due to the devastation in Japan.

My instinct is to help, so in addition to my donation to the Red Cross, to help the survivors in Japan, I am donating proceeds from the sales of this image from Fine Art America to the Red Cross.

Please go to:

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/moon-howl-indigene-theresa-gaskin.html to purchase a print  or card.

Devastation stirs up great emotions and sometimes all you can do is, howl. Thank you in advance for your help and support in advance.

Offered in Peace and Prayers.

1. What a wonderful contribution…….and a moving image.

Comment by melissa mackie — March 12, 2011 @ 5:12 am

2. What a stir of emotions, Indigene. It seems like there is new turmoil stirred up every day lately.

Comment by krista hamrick — March 12, 2011 @ 6:35 am

3. 'Stir' as an Illustration Friday theme seems like a premonition. There are some very good 'stir' illo's in relation to the Japanese earthquake.
    We will donate too, though through different channels.
    A very kind post of you.
    Keep up the good work, Indigene.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — March 12, 2011 @ 9:56 am

4. Wonderful and generous idea!

Comment by Vicki Smith — March 12, 2011 @ 10:26 am

5. What a great idea, Indigene, and your image fits the Japanese spirit very well!

Comment by Lynette — March 12, 2011 @ 10:47 am

6. I know. It's comforting to feel like we're helping in some way. Good for you.

Comment by Sharon Wagner — March 12, 2011 @ 10:56 am

7. Hi Indigene,

What a nice gesture and great illustration!

Comment by Luciana — March 13, 2011 @ 11:56 am

8. I love it :-)

wonderful idea as well
    -Amanda

Comment by Amanda Mills — March 13, 2011 @ 1:42 pm

9. What a nice gesture and howling seems like a good idea too. My sympathies go to the suffering people.

Comment by Linda Hensley — March 13, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

10. What a great idea! And the funny thing is that I made a donation to the Red Cross about 12 hours before the earthquake hit. The first time I've ever been ahead of the game in my life! :)

Comment by andrea — March 13, 2011 @ 9:14 pm

11. very cool painting. terrific colors!

Comment by joshpincusiscrying — March 16, 2011 @ 9:13 pm

12. This is wonderful! What a fabulous painting. Great work once again and for a great cause too. I am still very overwhelmed by it all. Such massive deviation. I can't even begin to wrap my head around it all and all I keep thinking is how are these poor people handling it all. Whole villages swallowed up. It just goes on and on. I pray and I believe that healing is going to come. It may take years, but It will come. This is wonderful and thanks for reminding us that there is something that all of us can do. Giving to the Red Cross is a wonderful way to support.

Comment by vanessa — March 18, 2011 @ 5:13 am

13. Wonderful! I'm so glad to see this!

Comment by Lisa Hunt — March 18, 2011 @ 10:31 am

14. This is beautiful!

Comment by Loni Edwards — March 20, 2011 @ 1:24 pm

15. A powerful painting, Indigene! News of the devastation certainly stirs me deeply. Your contribution is wonderful!

Comment by bella sinclair — March 28, 2011 @ 1:38 am