Cultivating: Enchantment

My soul has an absolute and relentless need for trips into enchantment. It requires, enchantment like the body needs food and the mind needs thought to survive.

But, I am bombarded daily, by a culture who prides itself on disapproving and explaining the sources of enchantment. Our society is  always explaining away every mystery, one after another, under the guise of  sophistication, the need to grow-up and the need to appear intelligent. As if indulging in the imagination, is not any of these things!

I often wonder, is this why American culture is so obsessed with the fear of aging?  Instead, we only need to hold on to all things that keep up carefree, naive and questioning…the magic of enchantment.

Feeling philosophical or not today, cultivate your enchantment…daily…it improves the quality of life.

Peace to you and yours.

1. not just americans… the days/years run so fast and the generations are more and more dinamyc. we had no time to live, and when we have, we are in the gate of death. i drop down the pressure. i read a lot, everithyng. i need "cheap" and sophistycated books too. some of my friends laugh on me, that i really read THAT.. ? yes. no redo, no undo in my life, i would like to choose without pressure, if i need THAT, i read THAT. :-) sometimes win the pressure.

Comment by juca — March 20, 2011 @ 7:04 am

2. Let nobody dismiss the enchantment in your life: not science, not money and not time (shortage).
    I fully agree with you that we need to re-enchant our world.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — March 20, 2011 @ 8:34 am

3. People don't believe enough in magic do they? One day I'll be out of a job!

Comment by A Fairy Godmother — March 20, 2011 @ 8:58 am

4. Love your image and message!

Comment by ellen byrne — March 20, 2011 @ 9:09 am

5. I also agree with you, stay true to yourself… keep on the happy and positive side of life. great post!!

Comment by ale balanzario — March 20, 2011 @ 9:10 am

6. beautiful image, and words
    i fight with myself (i guess its the inner critic)
    about, keeping that in my life…
    yesterday morning i met a watercolor painter who I may have some classes with, (as art brings me that enchantment, I feel really, its like meditation that way,and yet last night as I feel asleep thought, you have responsibilities, dont think about all that, its silly and you must focus on your responsibilities, etc. etc.
    so i read this blog this morning, and it brings me to tears, and is really, an answer to that voice.
    anyway- thank you :-)

Comment by Amanda Mills — March 20, 2011 @ 9:11 am

7. Wonderful words. I love the idea of cultivating enchantment. Here's to doing that!

Comment by LynetteV — March 20, 2011 @ 9:15 am

8. Enchantment is the perfect state to aspire to!

Comment by Vicki Smith — March 20, 2011 @ 10:30 am

9. I love your idea of cultivating enchantment! How wonderful. Nicely done.

Comment by valerie lorimer — March 20, 2011 @ 11:53 am

10. It's a war! Keep on dreaming, maybe well help some people out of their concrete boxes. This is an important post, reminding us to fly. :-D

Comment by ldahl — March 20, 2011 @ 2:08 pm

11. Cultivating enchantment. I like that!

Comment by Grandma Coco — March 20, 2011 @ 2:24 pm

12. What a lovely idea!

Comment by Cathy Holtom — March 20, 2011 @ 2:43 pm

13. This is nice idea. I know. According to Satchel Paige, "We don't stop playing because we turn old, but turn old because we stop playing". And I think it is the same with enchantment. Stay child forever, they always remain enchanted!!

Comment by artisjokken — March 20, 2011 @ 3:05 pm

14. …keeping enchantment alive is what I consider a privilege as an artist! Oh the joy of creating unseen worlds…I think we are so very lucky!

Comment by susan faye — March 20, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

15. What a thought-provoking piece…both the art and the words! Thanks for stopping by my blog, too!

Comment by Sarah Melling — March 20, 2011 @ 10:08 pm

16. Lovely illustration.I love your suggestion of cultivating enchantment daily.
    Deb

Comment by Debbie Clandening — March 20, 2011 @ 10:35 pm

17. Wonderful thoughts with a very "enchanting" illustration!
    I was thinking along the same lines just this morning. It doesn't matter what age we are as long as we're fully alive.

Comment by Abby — March 21, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

18. I don't fear aging, I fear running out of time! By the way, your website and blog look amazing now! Much cleaner and your lovely artwork is really enhanced by it.

Comment by andrea — March 21, 2011 @ 3:45 pm

19. Nice! I'm with you, enchantment is worth cultivating!

Comment by Linda Hensley — March 21, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

20. i agree

Comment by kiri — March 22, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

21. Beautiful sentiment and work Indigene. Keep cultivating :o)

Comment by jack foster — March 22, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

22. Wonderful! Keep up the enchanting!

Comment by krista hamrick — March 23, 2011 @ 6:30 am

23. Great take on the subject , nice work !

Comment by trudette — March 23, 2011 @ 11:57 am

24. So true. Life is fascinating and mysterious, without captions! Have a beautiful week! :o)

Comment by michele — March 23, 2011 @ 12:02 pm

25. Great illustration and wonderful writing! Beautiful!!

Comment by MiKa Art — March 23, 2011 @ 9:11 pm

26. nice work on your blog Indigene!!! looks great and love the new piece!!!

Comment by Diana Evans — March 24, 2011 @ 11:00 am

27. Beautiful illustration and writing. Couldn't agree more!

Comment by Claudia — March 25, 2011 @ 1:19 am

28. “Indulging in the imagination”. Here’s a quote you might enjoy, “The need to indulge in fantasy is deeply ingrained in man”. Dr William Roe, Nelson, New Zealand, author of ‘Science in Medical Practise

Comment by Sue Charlotte Designs — March 25, 2011 @ 4:04 am

29. Great image and I so agree with your writing.

Comment by nicky linzey — March 25, 2011 @ 6:13 am

30. The same people that want to dismiss enchantment as necessary are the folks who won't allow their children to play. I think we have lost something as a culture who needs instant gratification. Remember having imaginary friends? Today you'd be a kid in counseling. So sad, really.

You always have a wonderful way of conveying your feelings in words and images.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Ms. Indigene ;)♥

Comment by studio lolo — March 26, 2011 @ 5:55 pm

31. There's magic everywhere! Lovely, thoughtful work, Indigene

Comment by Penelope P. Neal — March 27, 2011 @ 8:25 am

32. Well said! Stay enchanted for as long as you can. This is a marvelous mixture of images, and I love her eyes!

Comment by bella sinclair — March 28, 2011 @ 1:41 am