Shadow of Her Former Self

Soaking up this beautiful weather, communing with nature, chatting with friends, loving family, laughing, being shamelessly silly and truly understanding how life is so precious, always puts me in a pondering mode.

(Work In Progress- April 25, 2011-SEE COMPLETED PAINTING BELOW)

I’m currently pondering on…

Creating starts  with shadows, some darker than others, with more and more substance added and once the shadows have become a thing of substance, color invades it from all angles.

Like our earth.

Maybe that’s really the big bang theory, or is it what God created from the shadows, what is now our earth; no matter what you believe,¬† something started it off.

Is that what it will take to save the earth from the onslaught of humankind’s continual draining of her resources? An intervention is inevitable. She is a shadow of her former self…Save her…save us.

(COMPLETED WORK)

Saving Me, Saves Us

(24″ x 18″ – Mixed Media/Paper)

Enjoy what has been given freely…the earth.

Peace to you and yours.

1. This is beautiful Indigene. I was talking the other day about how mad Mother earth is right now. I think her unhappiness comes through in those raging storms, tonadoes and tsunamis. If only more people would give back to her unconditionally.♥

Comment by Laurel — June 4, 2011 @ 12:16 pm

2. I like the depth of your interpretation!

Comment by Vicki Smith — June 4, 2011 @ 2:35 pm

3. I agree. This is a fitting image to express this imbalance, and a wonderful interpretation and context of shadow. Thanks for the thoughtful post and message.

Comment by Lynette — June 4, 2011 @ 4:42 pm

4. I am enjoying! Thank you and this is lovely. Shadows = purple.

Comment by andrea — June 4, 2011 @ 10:30 pm

5. Interesting thought. THis is a beautiful piece. I love the colors, and the density of it.

Comment by TMartin — June 5, 2011 @ 10:41 am

6. I love the idea of Mother Nature hugging the earth and your illustration as well Indigene! Just think about how many species have become extinct since the Industrial Revolution. Humankind continues to deplete its only home! When will people understand and come to terms with this? I won't get started … Thanks for visiting my art blog and for your kind comments, Kerry.

Comment by @ObsessCreative — June 5, 2011 @ 10:47 am

7. Wow – thats going to look amazing! I really love your thought process. also, thank you for your kind comments Indigene.

Comment by paintblotch — June 7, 2011 @ 2:36 am

8. We all need to give the planet a big hug and start making better choices. Nice to see WIP. Love to see it when you've got it finished!

Comment by Linda Hensley — June 7, 2011 @ 8:04 am

9. Great interpretation with your words.

Comment by Sharon Wagner — June 7, 2011 @ 11:31 am

10. What a great message and wonderful way to interpret the word! Beautiful painting, Indigene. And your shack painting below is absolutely gorgeous! I'm loving those blues.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Comment by bella sinclair — June 10, 2011 @ 7:42 pm