Being Swept By Nature

When it’s winter, we wish for spring, when spring comes, we long for hot beach weather…we are never satisfied! (Me included)

Each year we try to predict, what the weather will do, how soon a season will come, when one will end…of late, we been way off course.

(“Woods” – Oil/Canvas)

Why?

Hmm…I think nature is doing its own thing, keeping us guessing. It’s only so much dumping on, nature can take, before it lets us know who’s boss and then we’re all swept up in its force! So for now, I’m just living in the present, enjoying one moment at a time, each rain drop, each sliver of sun light, just being still…

Stop getting swept away in the madness of prediction, stop and breathe in this wonderful present moment.

In peace to you and yours.

1. I'm swept into this beautiful painting by its gorgeous colors! Don't mind me if I linger for more than a moment! :o)

Comment by michele — June 10, 2011 @ 11:00 pm

2. And….I think we all grow a bit nervous with the weather. Now that we've been told we have changed the weather for the worst, we become afraid.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — June 11, 2011 @ 12:44 am

3. Lovely work, as always!

Comment by ellen byrne — June 11, 2011 @ 8:54 am

4. Perfect words for today and every day. And beautiful colors and composition as always!

Comment by Abby — June 11, 2011 @ 9:30 pm

5. Thanks so much Abby!

Comment by indigene1 — June 12, 2011 @ 3:28 am

6. Couldn't agree more, we'll never control nature. Beautiful colours in your illustration.

Comment by nicky linzey — June 12, 2011 @ 4:12 am

7. Such a wise woman and such a lovely landscape!

Comment by Vicki Smith — June 12, 2011 @ 7:04 am

8. Excellent advice (and beautiful painting!) The colors of fall are just lovely!

Comment by Monica — June 12, 2011 @ 12:54 pm

9. Yes, the colors are lovely! We do need to slow down and appreciate all things in our lives, especially nature.

Comment by @ObsessCreative — June 12, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

10. Yes, the colors are lovely! We do need to slow down and appreciate all in life, especially nature.

Comment by @ObsessCreative — June 12, 2011 @ 3:40 pm

11. Lovely colors! Thank you so much for visiting my humble blog. :)

Comment by ruth — June 12, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

12. Great colours in this piece :) Thanks for visiting my blog too :D

Comment by Marta — June 13, 2011 @ 8:30 am

13. I'm pausing. Now slowing. Stop! Big breath. Thanks!

Comment by Sharon Wagner — June 13, 2011 @ 10:13 am

14. Good advice. Worrying about what may happen in the future can make us crazy. Of course we can still turn off extra lights and recycle in the hopes that maybe the climate won't fry us in the future. Lovely landscape!

Comment by Linda Hensley — June 13, 2011 @ 10:39 am

15. You're right…nature IS keeping us guessing. But at least I could pause on this wet NW day to admire your painting! Such nice work!

Comment by Elizabeth Stanton — June 13, 2011 @ 11:10 am

16. I'm echoing everyone else when I say this is gorgeous– such lovely color!

Comment by krista hamrick — June 15, 2011 @ 6:27 am

17. Oh, I really love this one! I could totally get lost in these magical woods.

Comment by Laurel — June 16, 2011 @ 12:56 pm

18. Lovely! Yes nature sure does sweep the seasons in and out – it's up to us to go with the flow :>

Comment by Laura Taylor Mark — June 16, 2011 @ 5:59 pm

19. This is simply beautiful! I love the colors. They make me smile. So are you here in Charlotte??? cause your room is ready.
    Will you be having sweet tea with that corn bread? Hope that you are doing well. I am unpacking, but can't get to comfortable cause
    I will be moving again in about a year. All is well. I just finished a big job and I need to rest. Hope that you are doing well.
    Big hugs to you!
    V

Comment by Vanessa — June 17, 2011 @ 7:58 pm

20. I was thinking just this morning that I now live in this way, in the moment, appreciating where I am and who I'm with and what I'm doing. As if I'm on the edge of something momentous. As for breathing, That's why I moved to Oregon. I can breathe here. I love your colors, they're happy and optimistic.

Comment by Melody J Haislip — June 22, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

21. Here's to the present moment! Lovely piece : )

Comment by Lynette — June 22, 2011 @ 10:33 pm