Temporary Blog Hibernation

I’ve been in hibernation, as far as my blog is concerned. I will remedy that immediately!

I try to blog weekly, but I’ve been working very hard on some left brain activities, like updating my office systems, reorganizing my files (yes, again) and adding more art to my inventory!

I’m also preparing for a Holiday Studio Tour, releasing a new product line, working on my newsletter to my collectors, creating a new painting series and attending some workshops!

So that’s what I’ve been up to, instead of blogging, I’ve hardly had time to think!

I need to get a lot done before the winter blahs and then my bear-like tendencies will be in full effect, especially when it snows, and I’ll be hibernating for sure! ¬†Are you hibernating or burning energy? Let me know. ¬†Peace to you and yours.

(Detail from “Sky Life” – 30″x22″ – Mixed Media)

1. I wish I could take a snooze on dark, indoor winter days, but seriously I have no time to do this. So 'hibernating' is for mummy-bears, not for me. Beside, who like to miss Christmas? Or looking at the starts on a cold winter night? :-)
    Glad you are back.
    Paula

Comment by Mindful Drawing — October 6, 2011 @ 7:13 am

2. My inner bear wants to hibernate too. Glad to know you're keeping busy. Good luck with all your activities! Nice painting :)

Comment by Linda Hensley — October 6, 2011 @ 8:35 am

3. Sounds like you have been very busy. I think I have been looking at too many blogs and not been doing enough work. I don't mind snow for a short time, but any longer then I want to hibernate.

Comment by ljcillustration — October 6, 2011 @ 10:03 am

4. Lots going on in your world! Hibernating might just be what you need to recharge your batteries :) Love the illo. And thank you for stopping by with your kind comment

Comment by Artsnark — October 6, 2011 @ 10:27 am

5. I'm a burner, for sure : ) Love your bear.

Comment by Lynette — October 6, 2011 @ 2:02 pm

6. Paula, I'm absolutely a Mum Bear, I still see the stars from my den and for X-mas…who says the bears are totally asleep in that den! :) Thanks for commenting!

Comment by indigene1 — October 6, 2011 @ 4:41 pm

7. :) I look at so many blogs, too! Which is why I'm always ripe for a nap! Thanks for leaving a comment.

Comment by indigene1 — October 6, 2011 @ 4:43 pm

8. i love the painting and i am happy to hear you are busy and well :) hugs to you!

Comment by valgalart — October 6, 2011 @ 11:02 pm

9. wonderful bear!
    Burning at the moment :-)

the holiday tour sounds exciting!

Comment by Amanda Mills — October 7, 2011 @ 5:48 am

10. Thanks for stopping by, Linda and leaving your comments! They are always appreciated.

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 5:53 am

11. It's always wonderful stopping by your blog! I'm looking forward to those snowy nights with hot chocolate! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 5:55 am

12. Hi Lynette, I know you're a burner! :) Looking forward to seeing what will grace your blog!

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 5:56 am

13. Hey Val,

I try to check in with you daily, where would I be without your dancing?! :) I'm busy, that's for sure!

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 5:57 am

14. Hi Amanda,

Burn on and get your wonderful work, out there! I'm looking forward to the Holiday Tour, it will be my first time with this group, so I'm pretty excited. I'll keep you posted! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 5:59 am

15. Hello there my dear good friend Indigene,

We had a precursor of Winter here in the Maritimes and well most of us went into deep denial that there was actually snow coming down from the sky! The good news is we are going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with temperatures getting up to the 20's, that's Celsius in Canadian speak. Don't ask me to translate most Canadians are in denial about that too! But that's Summer weather!

Anyway, I know it's hard to get balance between art and logistical issues, but first things first I always say, and we all have to figure that out for ourselves, whatever that is.

I am soon going to be up to the armpits with school work but God help me I am trying to keep ahead of it all! The fourth year students we are off to NYC The Big Apple in November. This will be my second trip, but it was many moons ago when I first went. I am very excited about going again and this time am trying to get an agenda together figuring out just where I want to go. We will be staying in Chelsy close to the "art action".

I just wanted to stop by and say hello. Keep the Faith sister ( I know you will)!

Blessings, Catherine

Comment by Catherine Meyers — October 7, 2011 @ 12:39 pm

16. Thanks Catherine! I'm always amazed at your determination and flexibility! I'll email you privately, so I can get the NYC details! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 7, 2011 @ 9:00 pm

17. It's nice to know that you are busy with creative energy! I am loving this beautiful bear. Great work Indigene!!!
    Yes indeed both of us need to get moving before winter settles in! LOL!!
    Sending you a big glass of creative juice and love,
    V

Comment by Vanessa Newton — October 9, 2011 @ 8:30 am

18. Hi Nessa! I'll take that glass, too! You can never have too much love or creative juice, especially, if you're giving it out! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 9, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

19. Hi Indigene, you still taking the IF challenge. Good to still keep up.
    Love the rendition of this wonderful piece.
    Take care and bye!

Comment by yoon see — October 12, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

20. Wow, gorgeous bear! He has a great commanding presence.

Comment by bella sinclair — October 18, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

21. Thanks for stopping by Yoon See. I always try to find a way that the I.F. prompt fits into my life, like figuring out a puzzle! :)
    Sending you major hugs! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 19, 2011 @ 6:17 am

22. Thanks Bella! He's not the cuddly kind…lol!

Comment by indigene1 — October 19, 2011 @ 6:18 am