Inspirational Fuel

I love winding down on Fridays, I look over my week’s work and feel a sense of accomplishment and order. Did I get everything done? Nah…that never happens…that’s what’s so wonderful!

I wake up in the morning, grateful for another day and I get to start all over again.

The days, when I’m stumped or can’t get the creative flow going, I look to my fuel packets…my art journals! :)  I either create pages in my art journal or I look through art journals, I’ve created in the past and that usually gets me going.

It’s good to revisit my art journals from time-to-time.  I especially look through all of them, at the end of the year. This year will be more meaningful to me, than ever. There is a lot of emotions in this year’s collection.

Art Journaling  is the best fuel for me and it’s accessible at any time.

What fuels your creativity, your peace and/or happiness? I would love to know, leave me a comment(s).

Have a great weekend and fill up on the things that make you happy and at peace with yourself.

(Photo Image:  On-going 2011 Art Journal Collection – ©2011 Indigene)

1. Perfect for the prompt! Why didn’t I think of that? :)

Comment by Nancy Lefko — October 21, 2011 @ 7:17 pm

2. It does seem you love your journals as much as I! :-) I know my blog can sometimes make me seem self-involved, but I firmly believe that looking inward often helps us to make better sense of what is outside of us and, thereby, makes us better suited to dealing with it. :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog! And your compliment on my sketch. It's always nice to know someone is reading what I put out there.

Comment by Kate Boone — October 21, 2011 @ 11:04 pm

3. Hi Nancy,

Thanks for stopping by! You didn't think of it because you were too busy putting together your beautiful idea! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 2:10 am

4. Hi Kate,

I love seeing other people's journals, too! It's so interesting how they are all so beautiful in their own way! I find making and recording in them very therapeutic and calming! When I can't write, sketch or doodle, I can always think, cut and paste! Yes, and there are people reading what you put out there, even, if they don't always comment! Have a great weekend!

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 2:14 am

5. Thanks for your comment Indigene, I love your piece "Tree Heart".

Comment by Holly Cochrane — October 22, 2011 @ 6:55 am

6. Great solution for "fuel". Maybe I'll spend some time today looking through my own journals too. Here's to hoping that the next year will be better for you than this last one. It seems like you've got a great attitude though, so it seems like you'll make it happen. I hope you have a great weekend!

Comment by Linda Hensley — October 22, 2011 @ 8:11 am

7. Great tie-in for the prompt. I turn to my sketchbook!

Comment by Vicki Smith — October 22, 2011 @ 11:12 am

8. What fuels my creativity? A good nature walk! I need to see what I draw in real.
    Have a great weekend with lots of 'fuel'.

Comment by Mindful Drawing — October 22, 2011 @ 11:29 am

9. Thanks Holly! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

10. Thanks so much, Linda! I hope you post some of your journals, too! :) :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

11. Hi Vicki, it's always come back to the sketchbook! :) Have a wonderful weekend!

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 8:34 pm

12. You're right, Paula, and nature is so beautiful now! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 22, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

13. I love looking through my old Journals for ideas, happy drawing!

Comment by christine — October 23, 2011 @ 2:05 am

14. Oh my gosh. I feel so guilty that after years of journaling I abruptly stopped. Maybe it could be a point of inspiration for me as well.

Comment by Sharon Wagner — October 23, 2011 @ 10:51 am

15. Great take on the prompt, Indigene! I see people who are so dependent on their electronics and think that artists are lucky – impossible to be bored!

Comment by Abby — October 23, 2011 @ 1:34 pm

16. Great idea and also a very true sentiment. I like to get outside with nature to fuel my creativity but my ideas books work well too!

Comment by nicky linzey — October 24, 2011 @ 7:56 am

17. I need to re-read this — and kickstart my creative engine! Thanks, I.

Comment by andrea — October 24, 2011 @ 11:58 am

18. Thanks, Christine! I know your journals must be chock-full! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 24, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

19. Hi Sharon,

Thanks for commenting! :) I've had moments of stopping, too! Especially, when I'm creating paintings! But, I always come back to it, especially, if I'm blocked! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 24, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

20. Thanks for stopping by Abby! I agree with you! Electronics are nice, but you have to keep those other skills, active and engaged! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 24, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

21. Thanks for stopping by Nicky!

I take my journals outside, too! I have a special bag I grab, with a journal and supplies to create outdoors! I have idea books, too, although, I generally just use color markers, different color pens and highlighters for those. :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 24, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

22. Hey Andrea!

Thanks for stopping by my friend. Sometimes, it's a moment-by-moment process…showing up, sometimes is all it takes and other times, your muse is silently preparing you for another phase or form of creativity and it may not be painting!

Comment by indigene1 — October 24, 2011 @ 12:26 pm

23. Such open and wise words to share. Hey my doll's hair always got caught for some reason. I miss those wonderful dolls. Do you remember a doll called, " New Born Thumblina"? You'd pull the string and the head would move like a newborn??? he he he he he he he! How about Wibbles? The Wibbles where doing the wobble way before now LOL!!! Sending you the bestest belly laughs to warm your day and weekend.
    Best to you!
    V

Comment by Vanessa — October 27, 2011 @ 6:38 am

24. Lol! Of course, I remember! Now, why didn't I save them…oh, I tried, but my Mom said, you should pass them on to kids who have less, so I did; but I didn't forget them! :)

Thanks for stopping by, Nessa! You are making by smile, burst! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 27, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

25. Hi, Indigene:
    If you want to know, reading blogs like yours fuel my creativity!!! Seeing and reading about your art journals, for example, made want to run to my “art corner” and start one. I have sketch books, but I see it’s not the same thing…
    Going to a good exhibition or discussing my potential art projects with an artist friend also works for me.
    Hugs,
    Wanda

Comment by Wanda Torres — October 31, 2011 @ 6:05 am

26. Thanks so much Wanda! You're right, visiting other artists' blogs are so wonderful (yours, included). Start that art journal and let me know, so I can see yours, too! :)

Comment by indigene1 — October 31, 2011 @ 11:40 am

27. Wow, you have a lot of great art journals! I actually started my very first art journal a couple of days ago. I'm not a natural doodler, and I'm often stumped for ideas. To hear you say that it provides fuel for your creativity gets me very excited. That's just what I need!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Comment by bella sinclair — November 4, 2011 @ 4:08 pm

28. BELLA! I'm glad you stopped by! :)

I'm not a natural doodler, either, but I like sketching, collaging and writing, so voila, journals! I can't wait until you start, you're going to love it, even if you only write a word a day in it! :) :)

Comment by indigene1 — November 4, 2011 @ 7:13 pm

29. Oh thank you for accepting my invitation at Linkedin. :)

Comment by Ces — November 9, 2011 @ 4:21 pm

30. Ces, you're very welcome! :)

Comment by indigene1 — November 9, 2011 @ 10:07 pm