Family Brigade

Breakout, the wine, food, flowers, music and love! I’m celebrating!!!

©Indigene T. Gaskin - "Food Celebration" - 10"x10", Mixed Media/Paper

I have a brigade (the Home Love Brigade), aka “My peeps, my tribe, my love buckets, my family” and the nick names go on and on. No matter how I’m feeling or who I’m yelling at, my brigade is my stronghold.  They love me fiercely and I them! :)

The last few weeks were extremely busy, holiday stuff, school work, household junk, workshops, sales, art fair preparations, holiday studio tour preparation, marketing and creating (my only grip on sanity)!!

My brigade has been there through the thick (which is me) and the thin (my patience)! But, they still love and support me! So this is my special way of giving them a shout out and absolutely begging them to continue…:)

So meet the Home Love Brigade:

Jon: Commando, BBQ-Meister, Security, Confidante, Framer, Baker, Kindest man in the whole world and my Go-To Snuggler!

No. 1 - Radical Son: Web Meister, Great Cook, Creative Buddy, Listening Ear, I have to beg to snuggle him and who now can say no to me, with no repercussions (except Mom-guilt, it still works)!!!

The Baby: The Love Bucket, Assistant Baker, Chief Eye-roller to certain demands of mine; Major Art Fair Helper; aka: “messy-haired girl” and a sweet snuggler!

I love and have absolutely the best brigade in the world!!! (Uh, love brigade, you are going to be helping at the next two events, right?!) :)

Loving your people, makes life pretty spectacular!

In peace to you and yours!

P.S. I am so in the dog house for putting their pixs on my blog! It’s holiday time, maybe they’ll forgive me…again?!

1. Gorgeous brigade!

Comment by Laurie Knight — December 2, 2011 @ 3:43 pm

2. That's the best kind of brigade, Indigene!

Comment by Vicki Smith — December 2, 2011 @ 3:49 pm

3. They're all good looking, so none of them have a right to complain :) They should be glad they're appreciated. Really a nice post all the way around.

Comment by Linda Hensley — December 2, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

4. they're beautiful
    glad to know i'm not the only one with like…six nick names per person :-)

Comment by Amanda Mills — December 3, 2011 @ 6:17 am

5. Wow, you have a gorgeous family! :-)

Comment by Joanna — December 3, 2011 @ 9:39 am

6. Best kind, indeed. We should all be so lucky to have a brigade like that…

Comment by Cat — December 3, 2011 @ 9:48 pm

7. HEEHEEHEEHEEEE!!!! Oh, Indigene, I have a HUGE smile on my face right now. Your painting is beautiful. And your Love Brigade??????? Awwww, melts my heart. What a fantastic brigade you have! You are blessed for sure. Hope you are doing well. xoxo

Comment by bella sinclair — December 4, 2011 @ 8:38 pm

8. Thanks Bella! You're always so encouraging! :) :)

Comment by indigene1 — December 4, 2011 @ 8:42 pm

9. We will all survive with a little help from our friends. And they will forgive the pics!

Comment by Sharon Wagner — December 5, 2011 @ 10:22 am

10. Indeed you have the very best brigade, and they are all really attractive to boot!

Comment by elenacaravela — December 7, 2011 @ 1:18 pm

11. I agree with everyone else, this looks like a fine brigade to me, and you are absolutely right about family and friends being so important, great post.

Comment by Amanda Dilworth — December 8, 2011 @ 10:40 am

12. Great positive take on "brigade" – beautiful family!

Comment by Abby — December 11, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

13. Thanks so much Abby, so is your family!

Comment by indigene1 — December 12, 2011 @ 6:31 am

14. I missed this one and am glad I found it. I'd 'met' your husband and daughetr already but not your son. Very handsome! Wonderful post.

Comment by andrea — December 18, 2011 @ 11:40 am

15. The first time I saw this post, I didn't have the time to leave a comment, but I loved your "family brigade": those people shine!
    I hope they won't be too hard on you for publishing their photos: they should be proud to be in your blog!
    Wanda

Comment by Wanda Torres — December 20, 2011 @ 4:57 pm

16. Thanks so much, dear one! Well, I'm safe for now, since they don't look at my blog! They're always so much going on in the family life, they rarely have time (I try to keep them busy) :)

But thank you for your kindness and support! :)

Comment by indigene1 — December 20, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

17. Mm. Yeah. That picture was not working.

Fixed now, though!

Comment by Radical #1 Son — May 13, 2012 @ 10:51 pm

18. you're amazing! Thank you for this love testimony.

Comment by lynda — August 28, 2012 @ 4:04 pm