Blog Intention

First, on the art front, I’ve been featured in the Arts and Aesthetics Collective Magazine:  http://issuu.com/aestheticsmagazine/docs/insignetribus/59 (pages 41 – 56)

Now for other stuff…I have been stretched to the limits in  many areas of life, I can’t believe it’s been a month, since I last posted! I like my blogging  time to be meaningful; not just putting in one liners out there in social media. Please, don’t get me wrong, I love chatting with my friends on Facebook/Twitter, but I’m finding that it takes away from my time here and that’s not my intention.

Maintaining social  media sites, takes a lot of time and effort, in an already frantic schedule.  As a highly-sensitive introvert, I needs lots of time to recuperate from face-to-face time, networking, workshops, etc. I find I also need it from writing, too! I’ve done lots of business writing and academic writing, but that’s very different than writing from your heart and soul. The writing I do here, fulfills my ten-year-old dream of being a writer (At ten, I also wanted to be an artist, actress, dancer and singer!) The writing here takes more out of me, because I’m putting myself out there, just like my art.

My blog started off with me showcasing my art, then writing about my art; what I was working on, creating an image based on the prompts from Illustration Friday or events that I was participating in. Of course, I still do that, but I will also include how I live my life, because the artist and the person are one and the same. I feel that you only see one aspect of me when I share my art-making process or just my art.

Some of you may say, well, that’s the only part I’m interested in! I appreciate that and I am glad, there are many people interested in my art, but there are just as many people interested in the person, too! I feel fragmented when I only talk about one aspect of my life, and it feels so disjointed writing only about only one aspect of me. I want my writing here to be meaningful to me and to the people who take their time to stop and read my blog entries.

I am a whole person, living a whole life, the good, the bad and the ugly, it makes my very human life messy and joyous!

So all this to say, to find out more about me in various aspects, visit me here:

FACEBOOK Page:  https://www.facebook.com/indigeneart

TWITTER: https://twitter.com/Indigene1

But to find more depth and my intentions, visit me here…at the blog.

I end this week with one of my favorite quotes and in peace:

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images: ©2012 Indigene Theresa Gaskin  -  All Rights Reserved.

1. Love the quote. Definitely words to live by! Really liking the photos too. I love looking at other artists' studios, but it makes me feel like I should clean house before taking a picture of mine. Wishing you the best with your intentions!

Comment by Linda Hensley — March 3, 2012 @ 12:17 pm

2. Thanks Linda! Believe, those pixs were taken on clean studio day! Lol!

Comment by indigene1 — March 3, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

3. Hi Indigene. Only appropriate that I am working on an Illust. Fri. piece with the INTENTION prompt. Well, my piece did not turn out as intended, but I like it anyway. This post is more than appropriate! Always glad to visit. Have a great day.

Comment by elenacaravela — March 3, 2012 @ 3:06 pm

4. Hi Elena, thanks for stopping by! Who cares how it was intended, as long as you like it first?! I'm going to stop by and see your intended! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 3, 2012 @ 8:33 pm

5. Mr. Emerson was certainly a successful fellow. I guess he knows what he's talking about.

Indigene, I appreciate you as a whole person! I love that you are more than an artist and that you are willing to share your whole self with us. And I sure do hear you about needing some solitude, away from social networking. It can be draining.

Love your studio! xoxo

Comment by bella sinclair — March 4, 2012 @ 6:12 pm

6. I started Pinterest as another networking tool. But haven't done a darn thing with it. And i'm wondering if I should cancel it altogether. But people are following me. Oh no. I might be trapped.

Comment by sharon wagner — March 5, 2012 @ 9:38 am

7. Thank you, Bella! :) You're such a kind and compassionate person, you can't help but draw people to you! :) Sending you magical hugs and much love! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 5, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

8. Hi Sharon,

Thanks for stopping by! I had folks following me, too! But, I weigh one against the other, and taking it off won, for now. Until their issues get resolved, I'm staying away from Pinterest! There are so few things that are controllable in one's life, and being off one social platform, is something that's controllable right now, so exercising that option is the best thing for me now. Keep me posted on your decision. Big hugs!

Comment by indigene1 — March 5, 2012 @ 11:23 pm

9. Congrats to you my darling!!! How fabulous was this article on you and to see you in your studio working!! How awesome. I loved it. I am so proud of you and what a treat that was. Sending you much creative and positive energy! Love you.

Comment by Vanessa — March 6, 2012 @ 7:49 am

10. Thank you, Nesa! You have been such a warm and supporting friend! I'm inspire by you, your art and zest for life! I love you, dear one!

Comment by indigene1 — March 6, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

11. A very thought-provoking post. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for putting yourself out there!

Comment by andrea — March 6, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

12. Thanks so much, Andrea! It's friendships like yours, that keep me going, so thank you! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 6, 2012 @ 7:48 pm

13. Love the array of work in the article – the exuberance of the images juxtaposed against the order of the studio is interesting – very. Been hearing a lot from creative friends – especially those who consider themselves introverts – about exhaustion in trying to keep up with social media. I assume for everyone who wishes to blog, a rhythm will develop, and life will get in the way and as we connect, we'll recognize those rhythms in those whose creative lives we delve into, and appreciate the riches of what the blips mean. For myself, connecting online is positive, but if I don't get the time I need to draw, paint, even quilt – I feel unsettled, not myself. Looking forward to future posts.

Comment by AHAnto — March 7, 2012 @ 8:11 am

14. Aino, thanks so much for stopping by! I can absolutely resonate with your comment. I often think that indulging in my artistic and creative spirit takes me away so much from others….but in neglecting it, I find that I'm not giving of myself soulfully or authentically.

We have to remind ourselves to first take care of our self in order to be able to give abundantly to others. Thanks again, for coming by and commenting. :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 7, 2012 @ 11:39 am

15. Maybe someday I'll take my art as seriously as you do…. but I doubt it.

Comment by joshpincusiscrying — March 8, 2012 @ 1:17 pm

16. Josh, your art and research on it is superb and enviable! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 8, 2012 @ 1:51 pm

17. oh so happy I found you! I too have started a blog, originally intended as a platform to showcase my art it quickly evolved into a bit of a place to tell my stories, whether about my art, my artistic process, my creativity with my girls, or the many things that inspire me and drive me to create (that would of course embrace all of my world and life!)….it is a fun ride and I look forward to seeing where I go…and you….and so many others….this blog world is inspiring for sure!!!

Comment by christy — March 13, 2012 @ 8:02 pm

18. Hi Christy! I'm glad you found me too! The wonderful thing is that it's a journey! :) I'll be visiting your blog soon! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 13, 2012 @ 9:53 pm