Vocal on Courage

Every year I set an intention on some inner work that needs to be done in my life. My word this year is Courage. I’ve created an art journal to reinforce my the impact of this word in my life  and to capture my visualizations of my thoughts on Courage. It would appear, that since I’ve set this as my intention, there are many challenges calling me to actively live this word!

Sometimes, this word calls me to respond quickly; sometimes physically and at times vocally. Other times it calls me to do the most simplest of things; yet, it is something that is the hardest to vocalize  out loud. So I do what is the least vocal on the outside for me, but the loudest cry inward of my soul.

Often it is the simplest thing that get the tasks and job done the best.

Find your peace and live it courageously.

Image: (c) 2012 Indigene Theresa Gaskin

“Body of Days – Courage Art Journal Page”

1. Hi Indigene! Amen, sister. I also like how you are mixing graphite with color on the piece on the front of your website. I'm struggling right now with getting prints and patin to integrate well. Your mix of media gives me courage!

Comment by Lynette — April 9, 2012 @ 8:53 am

2. I have a little dog, and sometimes she wouldn't go outside at night when she was young. I was frustrated until one of my friends suggested that maybe she was afraid. It had never occurred to me that a dog even could be afraid of such a simple thing. Since then, I've noticed that I have simple challenges that require a bit of courage from me too. When I became more aware, things became a lot more simple. Good luck with your intention! Interesting color choices for the subject.

Comment by Linda Hensley — April 9, 2012 @ 8:58 am

3. Thanks Lynette! Mixing color and graphite is my signature style….:) Although, now I'm experimenting with all types of media in my journal, it will be interesting how it will show up on my canvas! You might want to try a gel medium on the print first or check out how some artists are painting on photographs, there techniques might help on the patin! Here's to courage as we move forward! :)

Comment by indigene1 — April 9, 2012 @ 6:36 pm

4. Hi Linda,

I remember how my beautiful german shepherd was afraid of thunder. Here was this magnificent 60 lbs of dog, who had saved my toddler, kept our home safe; but if she saw a flash of lightening, she would try to fit under the smallest space!!! Hmm…when I think about it at least her fear was tangible compared to what frightens me! :) So with baby steps, let's move toward courage! :) ;)

Comment by indigene1 — April 9, 2012 @ 6:40 pm

5. Nicely worded and I admire your daily journaling. I love this page and the collage aspects of it.

Comment by andrea — April 13, 2012 @ 8:54 am

6. Thanks so much, Andrea! I'm loving your work!!!

Comment by indigene1 — April 13, 2012 @ 9:01 am

7. You have such a way with words Indigene!

Comment by sharon wagner — April 16, 2012 @ 8:03 am

8. Thanks so much, Sharon! I appreciate that you stopped by! :)

Comment by indigene1 — April 16, 2012 @ 9:20 am

9. Courage can be elusive and difficult, so its wonderful to have a solid reminder of how to summon it when you need it. I put my hands together for you. This is inspiring and great! The red rays are energizing. Here's to living courageously!

Comment by bella sinclair — April 16, 2012 @ 1:13 pm

10. Thanks Bella and your statements are so true! It's definitely something I have to put my hands together for! Thanks again! :) :)

Comment by indigene1 — April 16, 2012 @ 1:16 pm

11. Love this Indigene….you are so brave and talented….

Comment by colleen attara — April 20, 2012 @ 7:16 am

12. Thanks so much Colleen! It all starts from within and having the courage to go outside of one's self! I'm so happy you stopped by! :)

Comment by indigene1 — April 20, 2012 @ 9:10 am

13. I just love this. It's so timely and wise. Thank you!

Comment by E. R. Stanton — May 3, 2012 @ 1:58 pm

14. Thank you, Elizabeth! I'm always happy to shed a little light! :)

Comment by indigene1 — May 3, 2012 @ 6:31 pm