What’s Happening…

Say what you want about the ills of  social media…there are days when I’m crazy about it!  No, it can’t replace real “face” time with family and friends, but it can help you to meet some incredible people and connect.

This week I want to share with you the wonderful blog of  Teresa Cash (such a cool name, she’s also known as “A Smile Maker“).  Teresa is set up over at I’m a Late Bloomer.  She showcases talented individuals who found their passion, in the latter bloom of their lives.  So go on over to her website and enjoy the wisdom and stories of incredible bloomage!

Nanci Hersh, is my fellow boot camper in Alyson Stanfield, Art Biz Boot Camp.  Nanci writes about “Artists as Collectors” and the reason why many artists collect art.  Nanci is an amazing artist, illustrator and a woman of great courage!  Nanci also illustrated a beautiful book of hope, “Butterfly Kisses and Wishes on Wings“,  this is a incedibe, helpful book for kids, when someone they love or know has cancer.  Nanci, I’m a forever fan!

I get so excited when I meet new artists, it’s like being a discoverer and it is very inspiring.

Besides, meeting new people and having a blast, I wanted to give you a peek at my latest altered book. I finished my Book of Days 2012″ in December and wanted to change-up my art journal, a bit for the next couple of months. So here is a pix of my big girl journal!

This journal is also going to be used for painting ideas as well as  my thoughts on any and everything. The front of this journal is covered with parts from a stopwatch, buttons, wine corks and thread spools.

The back of the journal has bottle caps, more buttons, screws and other doodads from my husband’s tool box. (Sssh, don’t tell him…)

The journal measures 15″ x 11″ closed and 15″ x 22″ open.  It has about sixty pages; now that some room for growth.

I added some hinges on the spine, so it could hold all those thick pages and stand up.

There is jute string added to the handles for strength.  I’m loving the funky hardware  vibe of this journal.  Enough about me…

What’s happening in your creative world?

1. Isn't it wonderful? I love meeting so many wonderful artists and sisters-of-the-heart online. I would never have been able to meet so many new friends if not for the internet! I have just recently had the good fortune to share with Teresa too, and is so sweet! Her publication will feature me on March 6!! I'm so excited about that! Love your new journal – it's fabulous. Can't wait to see some of the juicy pages inside if you decide to share them. Thanks!

Comment by Arlene — February 20, 2013 @ 2:30 pm

2. I love all the doodads, and can't wait to see what you put inside! Now I'm off to look at your blog buddies' sites… Thanks for sharing them!

Comment by Linda Hensley — February 20, 2013 @ 6:26 pm

3. Hey sister, guess who is gonna be featured on "Late Bloomer" in the coming weeks…..?

Comment by @joshpincus — February 20, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

4. Indigene~
    Thank You ever so much for the "shout-out" about my creative Late Bloomer blog. I am honored to have been able to share your story. It's thru sharing our stories that we inevitably inspire others. Just by telling our stories. Thank You for being YOU!

Comment by Teresa Cash — February 20, 2013 @ 10:46 pm

5. I just love your big girl journal creation. How unique and fun looking. I love the size, there's lots of room to write or create.

Comment by suzannemcrae — February 20, 2013 @ 10:48 pm

6. So, so cool! I love that journal!
    And meeting up with other creatives, too!

Comment by rose — February 22, 2013 @ 7:33 am

7. Thanks for the introductions! I agree, social media can be pretty darn amazing and wonderful. It is, after all, how I found you. :) I will have to check out these fantastic women.

And yowza, that is one awesome journal! I'm loving that steampunk flavor. The hinges knock it out of the park! It's going to be fun filling that out. Just make sure you don't use your lap as a desk. Those bottlecaps will leave marks, hehehehe.

Comment by Bella Sinclair — February 26, 2013 @ 7:47 pm

8. I love it! I love it! I love it!! How awesome. Lady you are just busting out with new creativity and it's awesome! I love it!! I'm going to inbox you on facebook. I got your wonderful note, but I need to gush in private he he he he he he! LOL! Love you Beautiful Lady!

Comment by Vanessa — February 27, 2013 @ 5:19 am

9. Wow. This piece makes me want to look inside, like: NOW.
    It's like having a peek at peoples studio spaces….or walking down your favorite street at dusk and casually glancing into the open windows of your favorite houses (in a totally legal way of course!).
    I have a number of books and my goal (since you asked) is to FILL EVERY JOURNAL AND SKETCHBOOK THAT I OWN. Jeez, I'd better get ON it. Thanks for more delicious inspiration. You always deliver. Always.

Comment by Lisa Hoffman — March 6, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

10. Lisa, LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your filled journals! Thanks so much for coming by and leaving a comment! LIsa-Lisa, you're too cool! :)

Comment by indigene1 — March 6, 2013 @ 10:38 pm