Time With Fear…

I am not moving forward with my goals this week.  I paused.  Fear crept to the surface.  I just walked away from the fear. I tried to push the it down…It is helpful to talk to my fears, if I can manage to be compassionate with them.  If not, my insides turns into a war of the worlds scenario and I have a melt down.  I have no compassion for fear right now.  All I have for it, is anger and frustration.

The thing is, I thought I was done with fear.

Done!  I have no patience for it and I have no time for it.  The facts show there is no reason for it. Yet, it persists, why?

"Leave Fear Behind - A Day to Remember"

“Leave Fear Behind – A Day to Remember”

My soul whispers to me, “Because it’s a fear.  Fears are unreasonable, they do not care about facts.  They do not go away, simply because you’re ready for them to go!”  So, when my soul whispers, I listen. I did what, I did not want to do. I walked back to the fear and opened myself up to it.

I spent time with my fears.

Spending the last couple of days with my fear meant that finally, instead of more fear growing beneath the surface – I created space.  A space for growth, possibility and inspiration.

I LISTEN TO THE WISDOM OF MY SOUL.

Taking time to spend with my fear always moves me forward faster than pushing the fear away or pretending it’s not there or avoiding it.

My ego always resists it. I work on anything, to keep from working with my fears.  So,  the work continues and I’m moving forward with fear as a passenger on my journey. Courage is doing the driving.

How do you handle fear? What has helped? What hasn’t? I’m always open to hearing what others have to say.

Peace to you and yours.

1. I always get a little excited when I feel fear poking around
    It means I am pushing my boundaries, I'm pushing my comfort levels and that means I am growing
    In a very real way, fear helps us
    Good for you for working with your fear!!

Comment by Amanda — April 26, 2014 @ 9:14 am

2. I found that lately it has become important to me to sit with the fear and try to understand why I feel it. For so long I just ran from or ignored it. But I find that doesn't help me work through it and clear it. I'm glad you were able to sit with yours and hope emerge with some answers.

Comment by Deanna — April 26, 2014 @ 11:55 am

3. I love your idea of "courage is doing the driving". I'm going to tuck that one away in my mental pocket. :o) Fear is an interesting thing…without it, we wouldn't be able to grow our bravery and tenacity…with it, we sometimes are left paralyzed to move. But it's those paralyzed moments that I think we need to stay in that space and learn and grow another tough outer layer (especially for us sensitive artist types). One thing I learned significantly about fear these last couple years while battling health problems is, 'just because you think it, doesn't mean you have to believe it.' So just because I have a certain fear, it doesn't make it real. Wearing it awhile, like you said, helps work past it. It looses it's power and doesn't seem as threatening. Like a bad dinner guest, it eventually excuses itself and goes home. And even tho sometimes they take all your leftovers, they don't leave with the entire kitchen! Haha!

Comment by pam — April 26, 2014 @ 12:32 pm

4. Pam, I love that analogy! So…that means they leave us with the kitchen sink, at least! I'm sure with plenty of dishes, too! All joking aside, health problems have a way, of making you sit down and take careful emotional inventory of what is really important; and fear explodes upon us during our time dealing with our mortality! You wit and sense of humor is greatly appreciated and I send you hugs and all the healing energy and thoughts I can to ease your health burdens. Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave some of your wit with me! :)

Comment by Indigene Art Forms — April 26, 2014 @ 7:56 pm

5. Indigene, you are such a gifted writer, as well as an artist! I know only too well what you are saying. I get upset with myself when I feel the fear rising, and I know "in my head" it doesn't need to exist, but it does. I guess we are emotional creatures after all! I am trying to teach myself to look at it with interest, understand where it is coming from and how to combat it. This may sound funny, but often times when fear and anxiety come creeping in, sometimes I really just need to rest. So, when I am able to, I give into it and rest. I feel better when I come back fresh!

Comment by Amy O'Toole — April 26, 2014 @ 8:50 pm

6. Thanks for stopping by Amy, and your compliments! Avoidance is an issue for me, at times. I think, if I addressed my fears as soon as they show, up, I would be further ahead, then trying to ignore, them! Fears are tricky, they never approach you the same way, all the times; which probably why I don't realize it as fear immediately. But, you're right, we do need to understand it, I think that the first major step! Thanks again for sharing your feelings and stopping by! :)

Comment by Indigene Art Forms — April 26, 2014 @ 9:49 pm