Symbolizing Your Creativity

the seat of the soul is creativity, a reflection of the divine.” ~ [words said to me in a dream during a time I was at a major crossroad in my life]

Stop allow yourself to reflect on this, let it sink in to your spirit. You recognize that you and your creativity are worthy of taking the time to find inspiration, to develop your skills, and to express yourself through any form of creativity you choose.  Although, I use visual art to express mine, yours maybe acting or singing, it doesn’t matter, what matters is that you use it!

There are so many levels to making art, but one of the things that I love so much about manifesting creative acts is the spirituality of it. I know that it brings me closer to who I am and connects me across physical and cultural borders.

Everyone has symbols that are meaningful to them. I ask you to think about them and which are meaningful to you. Some will be more important to you than others and they may change over time or mean different things to you at different times. Symbols can come from various places, your life and/or your dreams. They are meaningful to you.

I started a symbol journal and I have a dream journal as well; which I spend lots of time each week sketching symbols and images that I come across.

Symbols & Dreams

I suggest that you start doing journaling symbols and your dreams, too! Some symbols are universal, but remember symbols you create, don’t have to be, they can be meaningful to you only (I  deliberately didn’t show any of my imagery from the inside of these journals, so that you can make your own, with words, color and marks). This is about you and your journey. Don’t get tied down with  trying to come up with something profound.

Recognize that you are a beautiful, changeable soul, and a symbol could mean something different to you in this moment, tomorrow, or next year.Dream & Symbol Journals

Reflect often, write and find or create images that are meaningful to you, believe me it will help you to find out more about your soul and spirit and how you can be your authentic self in the world. You’ll see just how deep you can take your creativity. You’ll also receive guidance on exploring what it really means to you and how to express it.

Now go back up to the top and read the quote again. You’ll recognized that through creating, you too are a reflection of the divine.

Peace to you and yours.

1. Great idea! Might try it :)

Comment by RitaJC — June 8, 2014 @ 8:46 am

2. That quote that came to you in a dream is so powerful! You know how much I truly value the wisdom of our dreams. I love your idea to have a journal dedicated to recording our symbols. It is true, some of my symbols seem to be more present at certain times. Some seem to be a constant in my life and in my dreams. I always enjoy reading what you have written. Your writing is beautiful and aligns with my truths as well!

Comment by Amy O'Toole — June 8, 2014 @ 9:39 am

3. Love, Love Love this!!!!! One day I would also Love to see your Symbols but think it is great you did't share them here so we can begin our own journey, if we haven't already, into the deep world of symbols! You are awesome ;) Love your Blog posts <3

Comment by Jill Marie — June 8, 2014 @ 11:10 am

4. I absolutely love this post and the quote captures for me the way I think of soul and spirit and creativity, After I read your post I looked out my window to catch a glimpse of a crow flying low with his beak filled with his spoils-a twig and what looked like a ribbon glinting in the sun. A symbol of creative effort and reliance and also connection with magic. xoxo

Comment by Lynna G — June 8, 2014 @ 12:51 pm

5. I love this! Love the idea of creativity as a reflection of the divine–that puts words to how I feel about it. I love your idea about a symbol journal, too. I explore symbolism a lot but hadn't thought of doing this. Thank you for that idea!

Comment by Kim — June 10, 2014 @ 5:29 pm

6. I too have symbols and archetypes that follow me in my work. They are storytellers that connect us with a deeper wisdom, weaving their energies with the timeless soul. Great post!

Comment by Jeanie — June 11, 2014 @ 8:24 am

7. Beautiful. Journaling has changed me. Especially journaling dreams and whatever I want/don't want to say to anyone without rehearsal or fear. There's so much going on in and around us that we don't understand. This wonderful discipline somehow–I don't know how–captures some of it in ways that challenge, feed, delight and sometimes scare the you-know-what out of me. Thanks for this wonderful reminder and challenge. We're definitely not alone in this universe.
    Elouise

Comment by Elouise — June 11, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

8. Oh, I agree with the quote, your premise, for sure!

Comment by elenacaravela — June 12, 2014 @ 3:14 pm